• In total there are 9 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

2nd Foundational Falsehood of Creationsim: Scriptures are the word of God

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

2nd Foundational Falsehood of Creationsim: Scriptures are the word of God

Unread post

The second video in the series.
This one addressing the supposed inerrant nature of holy books.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFrkjEgUDZA
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: 2nd Foundational Falsehood of Creationsim: Scriptures are the word of God

Unread post

As we previously discovered on our own while "debating" the resident YEC Stahrwe, the bible is full of regular errors such as referring to bats as "fowl", or that snails melt under the sun, or that mustard seeds are the smallest seeds there are.. etc.

of course none of this is true, all found in the bible, and could easily be forgiven of the bronze age primitives who wrote these texts, but of course count as inexcusable errors for an all-knowing NID.

(Links fixed.)

http://www.booktalk.org/creationism-vs- ... 0-120.html

Here we see the tragic story of one creationist apologist's futile efforts to turn back the reality of the situation. This requires interpretive gymnastics on an elite Olympic level, and we see that our own apologist didn't medal.

We also have the GodAlmighty videos, provided to us by Tat Tvam Asi here:

http://www.booktalk.org/the-nt-was-writ ... t9974.html

which take a look at the origin of the new testament books and how they very obviously were the works of men. including how specific parts were written in explicit rebuttal to the practices of other contemporary Christians whom the authors considered to be heretics, and were trying to discredit in the writing of those books.

above you will see a link to AronRa's look at the possibility of a god having written a book.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Anything with Aronra is pure gold.

This link- "creationism-vs-evolution-a-culture-divided-t990-120.html" isn't working for me. Are you sure we've got the right link? That everything is spelled correctly?

BTW, have you seen his latest video, where he corrects a few errors in this series? It might be worth taking a quick look at that and adding those corrections to any these(if there are any, that is), or to any other relevant vids you might link.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

Vishnu wrote:
This link- "creationism-vs-evolution-a-culture-divided-t990-120.html" isn't working for me. Are you sure we've got the right link? That everything is spelled correctly?
You've got to add that on to http://www.booktalk.org/ to get http://www.booktalk.org/creationism-vs- ... 0-120.html

Sometimes the hyperlink doesn't come out I think
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Aaah, okay, thank you!
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Here is the link to Aronra's self made retraction, you know, the one I already mentioned two days ago, and that Aronra made three days ago, making any Johnny-come-lately threads obsolete before they are ever even posted. :wink:

johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Thanks, Vishnu.

Great example, right there. Aron later found out that some of the sitations he listed were incorrect, and in the preceding post, Vishnu has located for us Aron's own retraction.

Where are the retraction videos of the true believers?

A few particular sitations were incorrect but that only means that those instances were not as thoroughly researched as he would have liked, and he admits as much in the video. That does not in the least invalidate his videos or the points that he makes in them.

Realizing where you have gone wrong and then acknowledging those mistakes is the very root of scientific inquiry.

We should all aspire to that benchmark.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Where are the retraction videos of the true believers?
Indeed. I remember when Thunderf00t pwned the hell out of VenomFangX, Venom tried everything in the book EXCEPT make a retraction and admit he was wrong, and in the end he ultimately just took down the videos that were refuted to try and hide his error.

Even now, all he wants to do is try and 'leave it all in the past', and 'forgive & forget', instead of admitting that he was just flat out wrong.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

That's happened on this site numerous times.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

So I've heard, lol. If at first you don't succeed, troll, troll, again. And if you can't beat 'em, start a separate thread.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”