• In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Favourite Childhood Author?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
EndlessLaymon
Devoted Member

Favourite Childhood Author?

Unread post

For me personally it was R.L Stine. I have very fond memories of reading his Goosebumps novels when it was storming outside in the mid of night.
I must have read Night Of The Living Dummy II about fifty times in a two year period . He was actually the guy who got me into reading. I have a lot of respect for that guy as his books bought me much joy as a youngster .

So what were your guys and girls favourite writer as a kid?
:)
It's a scary night in the lonesome October
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Re: Favourite Childhood Author?

Unread post

EB White on the strength of Charlotte's Web. If this is a double post it is unintentional.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

My favorite childhood author would be Roald Dahl, author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach. I also was quite fond of the Danny Dunn series and the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series. But I don't even know who the author was for those books. The author probably changed over the years.
DAWintsmith
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Dr. Seuss. Loved his riddled prose, still do. He also wrote adult books. I have one called the Seven Lady Godivas in which, you've got it, the ladies are unclad!
D. A. Wintsmith, Author of Precious Jewels, A Seventh-Day Adventist Family Saga and Voracious Reader of Other People's Books
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:My favorite childhood author would be Roald Dahl, author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach.
As well as a fair number of saucy stories! I always considered Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the movie, to have something of a sadist angle about it. Probably this was influenced by the fat kid getting sucked down the drain, or whatever... then I read the author behind it and decided my suspicion was a correct one. Dahl is a writer I can't quite geta handle on, and this is after reading (most likely) all his short stories.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
Ang85
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

My book I read most as a child was The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams and I also loved Beatrix Potter, The Tale of Peter Rabbit was my favorite...I don't have some kind of strange bunny fixation, I swear!
olelukoi
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I have to say Astrid Lindgren, Brothers Grim, Hans Christian Andersen and Brothers Mormarev (Bulgarians), Nikolai Nosov (Russian)
mzspaztastic
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The Babysitter's Club series!!!!
sherri
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Ann M. Martin (The Babysitters Club series)
Francine Pascal ( The Sweet Valley High series)
leehyat
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I loved all books by Enid Blyton. I was also hooked on the Nancy Drew mysteries and the Wednesday Witch series by Ruth Chew. :)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”