• In total there are 91 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 91 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Time to PANIC! We all picked the wrong God!

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Time to PANIC! We all picked the wrong God!

Unread post

I have come to the conclusion that there actually IS one true religion, and everyone who is not a part of that religion is going to W.N.B.D.L.

So, you and I... oh, whats that? You've never heard of W.N.B.D.L.?

That's wet noodle beat-down land. it's where you go after you die.

You see, after you die, the one true God gives you a brand new body, just like your body now, but magic, and he sends you to Wet Noodle Beat-down Land if you never uttered the sacred utterances, or basked in his sacred aura, or performed the necessary hand-stands.

Our brand new bodies go there where we are beaten with wet noodles that cause welts all over our new magic bodies. But they aren't welts like you get on earth, nor are the wet noodles made of earthly materials. Its all magic, except you feel pain as if you still had a human brain attached to a real non-magical nervous system.... its JUST LIKE THAT, but magic...

anyway, we could all have avoided having to go to W.N.B.D.L., but since that religion was forgotten, and the one true God isn't giving us a second chance by reminding us what that religion was all about, including the sacred utterances, where to find the sacred aura, or how to do the necessary hand-stands, there is no way to redeem ourselves in the eyes of the on true God.

See, just like all the life on earth, almost 100% of all the religions that have ever been have been wiped out. Forgotten, or eclipsed by new belief, or the adherents murdered, starved out, or committed mass suicide.

The one true religion was a victim of these fates, and so yes there IS a one true religion... but nobody is following it.

We are all doomed to W.N.B.D.L.

Very sad.

Very sad.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Re: Time to PANIC! We all picked the wrong God!

Unread post

Johnson1010 1) you show me thousands of adherents who have died for their belief, 2) it has been around for 2,000 years, 3) has writings that are at least 2,000 years old, 4) has a history of changing cultures for the better as they adopt your beliefs, 5) it sponsors hospitals, schools, great art, music, etc, 5) a hundred other things that Christianity has done to benefit mankind, .....
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

As i have already pointed out, and it is useful for you to ignore, Hinduism has all the qualities you point out to make it just as legitimate as christianity. Including the thousands of adherents, the 2,000 years but hinduism actually is older by 1,500 years, the sponsored hospitols, schools, great art, music, etc. and hundreds of other things to benefit mankind.

Remember those posts?

Take a look here, where your nonsense was pointed out in explicit detail by numerous members who could all see through this blatant mental flatulence.

http://www.booktalk.org/post82683.html

Here's what i had to say on the matter.
Quote:
Stahrwe regurgitated:
had a church that lasted 2,000 years with a billion members,
had a holy book about him which is revered and has been throughout history,
had universities started to train people to teach others about him,
had great art, literature and music devoted to him,
started orphanages in response to his teachings,

Since you apparently think this is an impressive point, as you use it over and over again without absorbing that it is completely meaningless when used to testify to the legitimacy of Christianity as a source of truth, put it this way.

Hinduism has existed for approximately 1,500 years before Christianity, has holy books dedicated to it, and it has been revered throughout history, There are universities started with Hindu backing, great art, literature and music has been devoted to it, and orphanages have been started under it's influence.

Since Hinduism not only meets all the qualifications you put in your meaningless statement, but also pre-dates your fairy tale by one thousand five hundred years, it is clearly the correct religion and Christianity is a castle of lies built on a foundation of sand.

Does that about cover your "reasoning" in this matter, Or are you now going to argue that these items don't mean anything when they are the product of another religion?
This string of posts was put up in January, so you've had four months to think of a better argument.... how's that going for you?

As for the one true religion, as i pointed out, i can't point you to those things because all of the one true religion's adherents were extinguished more than a thousand years before hinduism was founded.

It is terribly unfortunate, but absolutely true.

If we had been around back then, though, we would have saw all of those qualities and much more besides! I don't have any proof of this whatsoever, at least none that an empirical study could validate, but i can tell you that i know it to be 100% certain.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Besides, Stahrwe, why are you interested in this religion? Or any religion?

you already demonstrated (using baseless assertion in defiance of all evidence and positive indication) that christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Jesus the oily.
-Guillermo Del Torro

stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:As i have already pointed out, and it is useful for you to ignore, Hinduism has all the qualities you point out to make it just as legitimate as christianity. Including the thousands of adherents, the 2,000 years but hinduism actually is older by 1,500 years, the sponsored hospitols, schools, great art, music, etc. and hundreds of other things to benefit mankind.

Remember those posts?

Take a look here, where your nonsense was pointed out in explicit detail by numerous members who could all see through this blatant mental flatulence.

http://www.booktalk.org/post82683.html

Here's what i had to say on the matter.
Quote:
Stahrwe regurgitated:
had a church that lasted 2,000 years with a billion members,
had a holy book about him which is revered and has been throughout history,
had universities started to train people to teach others about him,
had great art, literature and music devoted to him,
started orphanages in response to his teachings,

Since you apparently think this is an impressive point, as you use it over and over again without absorbing that it is completely meaningless when used to testify to the legitimacy of Christianity as a source of truth, put it this way.

Hinduism has existed for approximately 1,500 years before Christianity, has holy books dedicated to it, and it has been revered throughout history, There are universities started with Hindu backing, great art, literature and music has been devoted to it, and orphanages have been started under it's influence.

Since Hinduism not only meets all the qualifications you put in your meaningless statement, but also pre-dates your fairy tale by one thousand five hundred years, it is clearly the correct religion and Christianity is a castle of lies built on a foundation of sand.

Does that about cover your "reasoning" in this matter, Or are you now going to argue that these items don't mean anything when they are the product of another religion?
This string of posts was put up in January, so you've had four months to think of a better argument.... how's that going for you?

As for the one true religion, as i pointed out, i can't point you to those things because all of the one true religion's adherents were extinguished more than a thousand years before hinduism was founded.

It is terribly unfortunate, but absolutely true.

If we had been around back then, though, we would have saw all of those qualities and much more besides! I don't have any proof of this whatsoever, at least none that an empirical study could validate, but i can tell you that i know it to be 100% certain.
Your post was not worthy of serious consideration then and it is not now.

Buddhishim. As I mentioned somewhere, and we are getting seveal similarly themed threads going now. This one, The Case for God, Fear of Death, etc. Buddhism is not really it is a philosophy but even if it were a religion its founder is not a person to emulate. Buddah left home, abandoned his wife and young son in a search for his own happiness. Some guy. Also, there is not a definitive Buddhist book or set of teachings, and anyone can be a Buddah. Perhaps that is the attraction.

Hinduism. Really Johnson1010. Is your hatred of Christianity so deep that it blinds you so that you think Hinduism is as you claim? Name the Hindu Universities on par with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc. Show me the lives changed by Hinduism. WAIT, you can't. Hinduism doesn't change lives, you have to progress by reincarnation. Hinduism has so many problems that Hindu countries have to pass laws to protect the lower castes. Your assertion is ridiculous.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

stahrwe wrote:
Hinduism. Really Johnson1010. Is your hatred of Christianity so deep that it blinds you so that you think Hinduism is as you claim? Name the Hindu Universities on par with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc. Show me the lives changed by Hinduism. WAIT, you can't. Hinduism doesn't change lives, you have to progress by reincarnation. Hinduism has so many problems that Hindu countries have to pass laws to protect the lower castes. Your assertion is ridiculous.
Are you really not capable of seeing that universities and hospitals have nothing to do with the truth of Christianity? And besides, what do they have to do with a personal relationship with Jesus?

Ask Jesus to teach you about logic.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

I see on the other thread this has been hashed out already, but to little effect. It's impossible not to point out the glaring fallacy.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Hinduism has so many problems that Hindu countries have to pass laws to protect the lower castes.
Completely right. And nothing like that has ever happened in any christian dominated nation.

I don't hate christianity or anything else. They just aren't the one true religion or the revealed word of the one true god.

As to hospitols, schools and the like... the one true religion had all of that and more, but now we see that it is definitely the one true religion because of the following.

First, it is actually called the one true religion.
Nothing could ever be called absolute truth and not BE absolute truth.

Second, The fact that nobody has ever heard of it only strengthens the claim that it is the one true religion following the one true god, as nobody who is alive is worthy of god, as they are intrinsically evil (christianity got that part right) and so nobody alive is worthy of reciting the holy utterances, bathing in the holy aura, or performing the required hand stands. Thus the one true religion is revealed only to the chosen few.

Third, the one true religion is SO old that it has been entirely forgotten. That puts it way older than the abrahamic religions and hinduism, thus, by your logic, much more valid.

Fourth, he who created can be seen implicilty in the things of the world which were created. I have it on good authority that that's one hundred percent scientific proof of the one true god.

hinduism, shinto, chinese ancestor worship, or your personal relationship and matching BFF chains with Jesus are all irrelevant in any case as they all reflect false religions which will only lead the masses to the Wet Noodle Beat-down land.
-Guillermo Del Torro

stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Dexter wrote:
stahrwe wrote:
Are you really not capable of seeing that universities and hospitals have nothing to do with the truth of Christianity? And besides, what do they have to do with a personal relationship with Jesus?

Ask Jesus to teach you about logic.

I posted this in another discussion. We have too many similar threads going. Maybe a Moderator could do something about it.

I posted this in another discussion.
We have been through this before but thank you for allowing me to mention it again. No, 2000 years of good works do not prove that Christianity is true. Nor does great music, or works of art, or universities, or most of the other points I mentioned. But it does establish a pattern and an identity which can be used to evaluate claims. In the case of Christinaity and Judaism it also covers a time period sufficient to show prophecies fulfilled.

You guys take swipes at Christianity based on its history so, for fairness sake it should allowed to defend it based on its history as well.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Dexter wrote:I see on the other thread this has been hashed out already, but to little effect. It's impossible not to point out the glaring fallacy.
Maybe it's ostriches and not turtles. I don't advocate the idea normally, but consider religions as candidates for a job. Which would you hire:

An older person who can do nothing for you? Hinduism/Buddhism

An older person with a record of accomplishment? Christianity
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”