• In total there are 38 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

America will be eternally mediocre.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Dhight
Almost Comfortable

America will be eternally mediocre.

Unread post

I recently wrote a very nice piece on the underlying progressive/conservative ideals that I feel are fueling the abortion debate, I'm not going to post it anywhere. Why? Because before I did post it, I read what somebody else had wrote, stating that there is nothing anybody could say to sway anybody else's opinion on the matter, and I feel they are right.

Americans are as mundane and mediocre as any other group of human beings on the planet, solving every difference by splitting into warring factions and fighting things out until there is either a winner, or the battle comes to a draw, and in that case, it will undoubtedly be taken up again later.

In the music of the past, such as the 5th Dimension's 'Age of Aquarius' was the wide held notion that America would soon become the most enlightened and advanced, civilization the world had known. Hah! Sniveling brats! The world was handed to you on silver platter, and you couldn't do anything with it
.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbCH5lnZ6sA
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: America will be eternally mediocre.

Unread post

While I'd agree the US is in the age of hubris and ripe for a reset, geography alone says it is anything but mediocre. From having the largest fertile plains region to self sufficiency in shale oil to a virtually unshared border up against the two major world oceans.

Some of these ideas come from the book "The Accidental Superpower". It's a good read.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Dhight
Almost Comfortable

Re: America will be eternally mediocre.

Unread post

Thank you for your reply. Interbane. I do agree that the country is anything but mediocre, both in its wide variances of land and interesting personalities. I get upset that more people can't see the opportunity that we have. We have no problems in this country, everything would be fine if it weren't for rabid ideology run amok.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”