• In total there are 35 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

500 Year Journey through Bible Translations to see if "Gods been a-changin"

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Worlds

1E - BANNED
Getting Comfortable

500 Year Journey through Bible Translations to see if "Gods been a-changin"

Unread post

500 Journey through the Bible to see if "Gods been a-changin"

https://www.docw.us/mistranslations

The Featured video.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: 500 Year Journey through Bible Translations to see if "Gods been a-changin"

Unread post

1 John 2: 1-2

1 My lytell children these thynges write I vnto you that ye synne not: yf eny man synne yet we have an advocate with ye father Iesus Christ which is righteous:
2 and he it is that obteyneth grace for oure synnes: not for oure synnes only: but also for the synnes of all the worlde.
- William Tyndale

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- King James

1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
- New International Version

1 I am writing this to you, my children, so that you will not sin; but if anyone does sin, we have someone who pleads with the Father on our behalf—Jesus Christ, the righteous one.
2 And Christ himself is the means by which our sins are forgiven, and not our sins only, but also the sins of everyone.
- Good News Translation
You focus on four versions of these verses. You seem to claim only the Tyndale version is accurate, all others are inaccurate translations. You raise an objection to the NIV version, by asking "Why, if Christ atones for all sin by himself, would it matter if anyone sins?" But obviously we can ask the same question based on the Tyndale version. Your explanation is unclear, there is very little difference between these versions.

Are you aware of the horrible death that William Tyndale endured and the reason for that? You should look into it because your statements in this video are based on his work. Let us know what you think about that.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
You state God does not change. Is the above statement still true? If not, why not and how can that be?
finallyjustify
Getting Comfortable
United States of America

Unread post

LanDroid wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:10 pm
But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise. basket random
Exodus 21: 23 - 25

You state God does not change. Is the above statement still true? If not, why not and how can that be?
Clearly, It's like a joke.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”