• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Between War and Peace by Victor Davis Hanson

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
pctacitus

Between War and Peace by Victor Davis Hanson

Unread post

I will start by giving you the Amazon url.www.amazon.com/exec/obido...vi=reviewsI'm going to post as I go along, I hope more of you than just tarav (who has already agreed to join) will join us as we go along.Victor Davis Hanson is due to be on C-Span's BookTV In Depth on March 7. I will tell more about him as I write later on.www.booktv.org/indepth/
pctacitus

pages xiii-xvii, 1-7

Unread post

In his essay The Wages of September 11 and in his Introduction to Between War and Peace Hanson begins his book by explaining its origins on September 11 2001 and subsequent writings he published in City Journal, the Daily Telegraph, the Wall Street Journal and National Review Online, some of which were compiled into An Autumn of War. His writings in this volume stem from the problems he saw with the news coverage he saw on September 11 and its aftermath. I saw him talk on C-Span on September 23 2001 and he talked about the Ten Myths of September 11, some of which I see to this day.www.booktv.org/History/in...segid=1715He continued after 2001 because he didn't see a reevaluation of coverage after Afghanistan, instead in the run-up to Iraq, renewed cries of doom and gloom from people who have been proven wrong about both campaigns.Hanson, a lifelong Democrat has seen his ideals of freeing the oppressed and ending human rights abuses pushed for, not by his party who criticize an administration he for ending some of the worst regimes on the planet. But instead by the Bush Administration and the American Military who disrupted, captured and killed many Al-Qaeda members in Afghanistan and ended Saddam's murderous regime in Iraq amidst cries that it couldn't be done. Edited by: pctacitus at: 3/6/04 2:36 pm
pctacitus

Re: Between War and Peace by Victor Davis Hanson

Unread post

For those of you who missed all three airings Sunday, the InDepth interview with Victor Davis Hanson can be seen at:www.booktv.org/indepth/in...chedID=254I enjoyed the program, and I hope the rest of you will as well.
ecstian

Unread post

I got to see part of the program when it was on the first time. I went back and watched it again at a later time. I enjoyed the program and received some insights on historical and modern day politics and warfare, as well as an introduction to Hanson's life and works.To top it all off, I got to hear our very own pctacitus call in with a question.Eric
pctacitus

Unread post

Tarav will unfortunately not be joining in reading this book after all. The time it would have taken for her to acquire the book would have been too long, so she is currently reading one of Prof. Hanson's other books, Who Killed Homer?, which I heartily advocate that others read having enjoyed it myself.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”