• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Ch. 3: Bullnomics: Its Favoritism and Fiction

#60: Jan. - Feb. 2009 (Non-Fiction)
bobby408
Gaining experience

What Will Be Next???

Unread post

I cannot believe that my government did ALLL it could do deceive its citizens about inflation and CPI. By minimizing inflation and CPI measures they payed out SS checks, welfare payments, food stamps, etc. LESS than what they were supposed to!!!! I don't know about you, but isn't this STEALING!!!! My poor mother receives social security and food stamps and she ALWAYS complains about how her SS checks and food stamps have been getting smaller relative to the amount of food, rent, energy, etc. that she uses these payments for. But, why should I be surprised that the government is finding ways to steal money from us? I shouldn't. Also, how can the government institutions turn a blind eye to reality that tells them laissez-faire capitalism does NOT WORK in the long run. Evertime a crises manifests itself, they just prop up the failing system, delay the coming of the next crisis, and deepen the impact of the next crisis. When will the ceiling just TOTALLY fall on this economic system???? Or has it already fallen? Nah, I think things are going to be MUCH worse in terms of job loss, outsourced jobs, decreased market-shares of small businesses, decreased wages, decreased standard of living, increased inflation, etc. The worst of our economic woes have not even happened yet even though we are in the midst of another crisis! You know why???? Because our government is doing the same thing it has done in previous crises: restock the banks, try to maintain financial confidence, will further create incentives for even further debt, and delay, probably just for an extremely short while, the coming of another WORSE crisis. We have to realize that the financial crisis' throughout the past thirty years have only been getting worse after every time. The 1987 crash was worse than the crisis' of the previous decade. The 2000-2002 stock market crash was worse than the 1987 crash. The 2008 crash is, so far the worst of all! WHAT WILL BE NEXT??!! I don't want to know...

Return to “Bad Money: Reckless Finance, Failed Politics, and the Global Crisis of American Capitalism - by Kevin Phillips”