• In total there are 56 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Ch. 6 - A Science of Good and Evil

#26: April - June 2006 & Nov. - Dec. 2010 (Non-Fiction)
riverc0il
Senior

Re: Ch. 6 - A Science of Good and Evil

Unread post

Harris continues to purposefully open giant loop holes in his arguements, for what purpose I have no idea. Harris argues for the legitimacy of intuition! What a crock! I am all for giving intuition its due, a lot of great decisions are made on human intuition that can not be made based on reason and logic alone. However, a lot of bad decisions are made on intuition as well. Most notably a problem for Harris is many people intuitively feel that religion must be correct. Their intuition tells them god is with them. How can you advocate for intuition on one hand bad against faith on the other? Intuition has its place and I surely get gut feelings that I compare to my reasoning of situations, but it is often wrong, dead wrong at times, and sometimes leads us down the wrong path. Chapter Six is shaping up to be a real doozy!

Return to “The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason - by Sam Harris”