• In total there are 34 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Fox News Watch (Oh the Humanity!)

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Re: Fox News Watch (Oh the Humanity!)

Unread post

Giuliani on whether Trump will sit down with Mueller: "Good luck -- over my dead body"

Asked whether Trump -- who has already provided written responses to inquiries from the special counsel -- would meet with Mueller, Giuliani responded, "Yeah, good luck, good luck -- after what they did to Flynn, the way they trapped him into perjury, and no sentence for him." (Mueller has recommended Flynn receive no jail time, and Flynn is set to be sentenced Dec. 18.)

He added: "Over my dead body. But, you know, I could be dead."

--------
With Rudy for his lawyer it's Trump who's dead.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Dems, White House refuse to budge over border wall as Friday shutdown looms

foxnews.com/politics/dems-white-house-r ... down-looms

Trump didn't own a shutdown in front of the Dems, a national audience, God and everybody without a plan, right? He has to have a plan. He's shutting down National Parks and every monument in DC over the Christmas Holiday? No, he must have a plan.
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Ingraham: Lame duck negligence
Dec. 17, 2018 - 9:32 - House Republicans feel no urgency to get things done.

https://www.foxnews.com/shows

Donald Trump: The Rodney Dangerfield of Presidents.
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Conservative media challenge Trump on border wall, Syria pullout
— Fox News 12/21/2018

Behind the scenes of the Mattis bombshell: More resignations expected after ‘protest’ exit
foxnews.com/politics/behind-the-scenes- ... otest-exit

Who does he think he is? I'm the President! Mattis is only Sec. Def., that means I'm smarter than him! I'm a stable genius! Mattis should agree with me! His resignation is a WIN for the U.S, Big WIN!
---------
"As a lieutenant, Mattis served as a rifle and weapons platoon commander in the 3rd Marine Division. As a captain, he was assigned as the Naval Academy Preparatory School's Battalion Officer, commanded Rifle and Weapons Companies in the 1st Marine Regiment, then Recruiting Station Portland, Oregon, as a major.

Mattis is a graduate of the U.S. Marine Corps Amphibious Warfare School, U.S. Marine Corps Command and Staff College, and the National War College. He is noted for his interest in the study of military history and world history, with a personal library that once included over 7,000 volumes, and a penchant for publishing required reading lists for Marines under his command.[31][32] He is known for the intellectual rigor he instills in his Marines, risk management, and requiring his Marines to be well-read in the culture and history of regions where they are deployed. Before deploying to Iraq, Mattis had his Marines undergo cultural sensitivity training."

(Wiki)
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Ancient Antarctic ice sheet collapse could cause a global flood
foxnews.com/science/ancient-antarctic-i ... diate=true

From Fox News Comments page:

fan24RC
"The eco-radicals like to forget about past changes...like when CO2 was 5X what it is now....and supposedly man hadn't walked the planet yet. That's why dinosaurs got to tremendous size....massive abundance of food."

eelanad
"This attempt at scaremongering fails to mention that the ice on the other side of the Antarctic continent is increasing at record rates.
Does anyone think that the ice on the other side is causing the ice on the west side to be pushed or raised which allows water inclusion under the ice to cause all this movement?"

nastyrumor
"'the risks involved if the sheet ─ which originally disappeared 125,000 years ago because of a changing climate ─ were to collapse'"....125,000 years ago? Hmmm, last time I check we were not burning fossil fuels back then, and certainly were not capable of affecting climate change."

Whoritesthis
"Really this is the next disaster to worry about? Lets ignore the fact that NASA said the planet is actually starting to cool. Along with the fact that this ice sheet grew ~1.2 million square feet in November alone, which is summer time in the southern hemisphere. No reports about the hole in the earth crust which is draining the oceans. So with the ice sheet growing, the oceans draining to the center of the earth and the planet getting cooler, if only some smart person could think of a way to warm the Earth up. Enjoy your SUVs and trucks! Merry Christmas!"
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Japan tries to curb its plummeting population

"About 127 million people live in Japan, and its population could drop below 100 million by 2049. By 2036, one in three people will be elderly, creating workforce concerns.

The Atlantic reported that a major factor may be that labor laws were changed in the 1990s leading to more freelance work rather than stable jobs for workers — building “a class of men who don’t marry and have children because they — and their potential partners — know they can’t afford to.”

Reports have said among Japanese singles between the ages of 18 and 34, nearly 70 percent of men and 60 percent of women were not in a relationship."

“We cannot sustain our society like that,” [Foreign Minister Taro Kono] said in response to a question during a panel discussion. “We are opening up our country. We are opening up our labor market to foreign countries. We are now trying to come up with a new work permit policy so I think everyone shall be welcome in Japan if they are willing to assimilate into Japanese society.”

foxnews.com/world/japan-rolling-out-new ... n-collapse

-----------------

The solution isn't to pay Japanese workers a living wage so they can get married and have kids; the solution is to import cheap labor from all over the world which will increase the wealth gap.

There will come a reckoning.

That's all I'm sayin'.
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

The solution isn't to pay Japanese workers a living wage so they can get married and have kids; the solution is to import cheap labor from all over the world which will increase the wealth gap.
No it's not.. And you're being arrogantly presumptuous yet again with your "I know what the problem is and how to fix it " posts.

A big part of the problem is the anti-social dystopia Japan continues to create and market with a fervor no other country can equal.
Their techno revolution has been focused on replacing human beings with artificial surrogates, particularly as it relates to caregiving and intimacy.
Japanese youth have become totally transfixed with their pocket technology.

There is little interest in social programs that bring together flesh and blood interaction. Once a well connected culture, they've lost their human touch.
Many young Japanese women are now having "fake weddings" because they want to have the experience of being a princess bride for a day, without a groom and the commitment that comes with marriage.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

ant wrote: No it's not.. .

No what's not? Specify.

ant wrote:And you're being arrogantly presumptuous yet again with your "I know what the problem is and how to fix it " posts.

You're half-right — I am arrogantly presumptuous. It's my default attitude, especially when something bugs me.

I do know the problem. I do not know how to fix it.

ant wrote:A big part of the problem is the anti-social dystopia Japan continues to create and market with a fervor no other country can equal.
Their techno revolution has been focused on replacing human beings with artificial surrogates, particularly as it relates to caregiving and intimacy.
Japanese youth have become totally transfixed with their pocket technology.

There is little interest in social programs that bring together flesh and blood interaction. Once a well connected culture, they've lost their human touch.
Many young Japanese women are now having "fake weddings" because they want to have the experience of being a princess bride for a day, without a groom and the commitment that comes with marriage.

Can you give examples of artificial surrogates involved with caregiving and intimacy? I haven't been keeping up with Japan.

Do You know how to fix it?
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Can you give examples of artificial surrogates involved with caregiving and intimacy? I haven't been keeping up with Japan.
You haven't been "keeping up" with Japan yet know the solution to their woes?
Interesting.

Anyway, this isn't very hard to find.

Here's as example.. https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/asia/rom ... index.html

Romance apps are very popular with the female youth of Japan.

Japan has been the leader in sex dolls and intimate companions for men for the last several years:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... f5127058d1

In caregiving, robot pets and robot aids are becoming ubiquitous in Japanese retirement homes.

A childhood friend of mine has lived in Japan for the past 20 years. He's a high school / college / prep teacher and speaks 4 languages.
Prior to the techno boom, Japan's youth had totally immersed themselves in the western values of careerism. The most important goal for Japanese youth is to solidify a career they can become married to. Raising a family isn't even near the top of their adult aspirations list. Their self inflicted social intimacy void is now being filled by technology.
At least that's what they seem to think

The forecast is very simple - if you don't have time for flesh and blood intimacy you likely aren't going to have the time to reproduce and replace "all those old people"

Do I know how to fix this aspect of their aging population problem? Yes - have great unprotected sex with flesh and blood human beings. That's how babies are made.
Last edited by ant on Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

ant wrote:
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... f5127058d1

In caregiving, robot pets and robot aids are becoming ubiquitous in Japanese retirement homes.

:offtopic: A childhood friend of mine has lived in Japan for the past 20 years. He's a high school / college / prep teacher and speaks 4 languages.
Prior to the techno boom, Japan's youth had totally immersed themselves in the western values of careerism. The most important goal for Japanese youth is to solidify a career they can become married to. Raising a family isn't even near the top of their adult aspirations list. Their self inflicted social intimacy void is now being filled by technology.
At least that's what they seem to think

The forecast is very simple - if you don't have time for flesh and blood intimacy you likely aren't going to have the time to reproduce and replace "all those old people"

Do I know how to fix this aspect of their aging population problem? Yes - have great unprotected sex with flesh and blood human beings. That's how babies are made.

Address the issue, please.
The Atlantic reported that a major factor may be that labor laws were changed in the 1990s leading to more freelance work rather than stable jobs for workers — building “a class of men who don’t marry and have children because they — and their potential partners — know they can’t afford to.”
Donald J. Trump

Return to “Current Events & History”