• In total there are 9 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Have you read the whole Bible?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
josette
Getting Comfortable

Re: Have you read the whole Bible?

Unread post

I read it, cover to cover (Old and New Testaments). It took about a year because I read a little bit each day.

There were many parts in the Old Testament that really ticked me off. I don't know who wrote it but they, too often, portrayed God in a negative light (possibly to intimidate the believers into staying with Judaism, rather than joining other religions).
I'm so glad that Jesus came down to earth and taught us who God really is: a loving and forgiving Father, not a vengeful task-master. :-D
Murmur
Senior

Re: Have you read the whole Bible?

Unread post

princesscookie19 wrote:no,and I wouldnt want to-Simply because its all about Sins-Dont do this-dont do that.and a history of people and there lifes and what they followed. Plus its too much infomation for 16yrs... Why????? :roll: :wink:
If you're a Christian, and you think that the Bible is in some way God's words and thoughts, then you should read it.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”