• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Looking forward to reading this book

#140: Aug. - Oct. 2015 (Non-Fiction)
Ramanikakarala
Official Newbie!

Looking forward to reading this book

Unread post

I always liked watching Fareed Zakaria on CNN so I am looking forward to reading his book "The Post American World". I will post comments as I read the book. This is my first time on Book Talk so I am looking forward to the experience.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Re: Looking forward to reading this book

Unread post

I am failing in my duties as alleged discussion leader, but I will get back to the book. Feel free to post any comments you have.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

I'm reading along, now in the middle of the India chapter, which follows the China chapter. Zakaria is good at big-picture stuff and especially at making you think he's giving a balanced view. Nothing overtly partisan politically, but there can't be any doubt that he'd favor Obama's conception of the role of the U.S. in the world.

Here's an amusing anecdote. In my library copy I found a page printed from the internet that shows Obama heading toward the helicopter, In his hand is a book, shown in close-up as The Post-American World. The commentary goes as follows: "...it was written by a fellow Muslim. "Post" means the World After America! Please forward this picture to everyone you know, conservative or liberal, Democrat or Republican! Folks we need to be aware of what our president is thinking---or planning. We must expose Obama's radical ideas and his intent to bring down our beloved America!

PPPLLLEEESSSEEE pass this on...."
Ramanikakarala
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Obama is scary! The end of his presidency can't come soon enough. Now we just have to to make sure we don't elect a likeness in the form of Hillary Clinton.

Return to “The Post-American World: Release 2.0 - by Fareed Zakaria”