• In total there are 45 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

New Republican Ad - video

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: New Republican Ad - video

Unread post

no insults intended, and i kinda figured you were thinking along the same lines as me anyway.

I just like to toss some change on a discussion, and that was the point i wanted to make. We need the best. The best are naturally those who accel and acheive, but the best at governance will also be those who understand the problems of the country. Especially those of the problems which effect the poorest 90 %. Everyone making less than a million a year.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

For all the multi-million dollar athletes, there should be the same amount of brainiacs... right? What does it take to make a good leader of a country?

If a man is endowed with certain talents... Some men are good at dancing while others are good at math and yet others are praised in their creativity - there must be a man that is perfect for this job. Does our current system seek that man out? Does it suppress him? Does it ignore him? Does it give him no incentive? Do we test our citizens to find him or do we naturally think he'll magically appear on our ballots?

There needs to be some major changes.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I made a new thread for this topic. It's a good topic.

http://www.booktalk.org/topic9189.html

Return to “Current Events & History”