• In total there are 11 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Favorite Stephen King Book

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Re: Favorite Stephen King Book

Unread post

Roadwork is a novel, from The Bachman books. Actually, it was published as a novel under the pseudonym first and then compiled into "The Bachman Books". "The Long Walk" is my favorite, but I liked them all. somehow I listed "Roadwork" twice and omitted "The Running Man".
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
Rigid Bones
Master Debater

Unread post

Misery....I love it!

www.ithinkivegotit.com
moondarlin21
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I love all Stephen King's movies and books. My first book I read was Needful Things and then watched the movie. Ever since, I read all his novels and watched all his movies. I met Stephen King once while lobster and crab fishing up in Maine. He asked if we caught anything? Years later, a friend of mine's daughter who is blind could not find his Dark Tower books in Braille and she was upset. So I told my friend to write a letter to Stephen King about it. A good few months later, this UPS truck stops at her house and tells her she has a lot of packages and to sign. This UPS guy delivered a lot of boxes. She opened the letter and read it was an apology letter from Stephen King and for her daughter to enjoy the entire Dark Tower series in Braille!!! My love and devotion for him went way up that day. Now I learned the other day that he is making a second movie to The Shining called Dr. Sleep. I cannot wait to see it!
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

I just got a pop up version of "the girl who loved tom gordon"

great book. quick read.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-Who-Love ... 246&sr=8-1
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
lisaadams
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

In 1979 - senior year of high school - I read a collection of his short stories...."Night Shift" scared the crap out of me. So, naturally, I loved it.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I have red many (not all) of King's books. My favorite is still "The Stand."

BTW, I prefer the 'expanded' version.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Rigid Bones wrote:Misery....I love it!

http://www.ithinkivegotit.com
Same here! It's a really creepy novel.
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx
viajesen1
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have been a Stephen King fan for a long time and for as equally long as I can remember, typically scared witless from his horrific novels. I used to lie awake nights while racing thoughts of the evil this master of the macabre would put in my head danced around and played havoc with my psyche. Many of his books, in fact the fifteen you see here, have left lasting impressions on my mind and it doesn’t take much to recall their contents and want to read them all over again. Many of his stories have been translated into film. Some have been critically acclaimed like The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and Misery and quite a few have been laughable disasters such as The Lawnmower Man, Maximum Overdrive, and Sometimes They Come Back.
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

This is tough... I love most Stephen King books I've read. I guess it's a 3-way tie between "It", "The Shining", and "Needful Things".
mockingbird
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

The Shining and now there's Shining 2. There is a God!

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”