• In total there are 59 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Greetings from the Backwoods!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
BooksByBackwoods
Almost Comfortable

Greetings from the Backwoods!

Unread post

Hello, I am Backwoods. I look forward to sharing my stories with you. I am new to the site and wanted to say hello. I began writing early in 2013 and have two book and a short story published, one on the way, and two more in the works. I am male and sorry ladies, very happily married. I am also a father of four wonderful little girls and one goofy, floppy-faced pooch.

My favorite authors are:
Louis L'Amour, Larry Mcmurtry, Stephen King, James Patterson and a few others

Interests:
Writing, Hunting/Camping, Survival, Off Grid Living, Demolition Derbies, My Family

Things I know plenty about and wish I didn't:
Shoulder Dislocations

Well, that's all for now. I look forward to getting to know you and becoming one of your favorite storytellers. Thank You, Backwoods
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Greetings from the Backwoods!

Unread post

Welcome to Book Talk.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
VicCast
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Hello and welcome!
Author of:
"Tommy The Courageous Bird" - A children's picture book about a bird that is afraid of heights
Tommy The Courageous Bird
Tommy is also Available on Amazon.com
http://thred.me/RURm5W Let's turn Tommy into an e-book!!!
BooksByBackwoods
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you, Thank you.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org, Backwoods. ;-)

I'm a bit of a camping lover too. In FL you can only camp during the cooler months so I don't get to do it enough.
BooksByBackwoods
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Oh, I bet. I did some work down there when yins had the swarm of hurricanes (the years before Katrina, with Charlie, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne). If it doesn't bite or sting, it's either poisonous or trying to eat ya. That heat is something else too. It was mid September and 95 degrees with 95% humidity down there. I'm getting sticky just thinking about it. That would take the fun right out of camping. I could go for a winter without snow though. Good luck, I hope you can get an outing in soon.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

A group of us camp every February at a place called Ginnie Springs. It is COLD and we're the only people crazy enough to be there most years. But there are no mosquitoes and no sweating.

Yeah, I miss the snow too. I'm from Ohio.
BooksByBackwoods
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I am an Ohio Boy myself. No bees or poison Ivy when its cold either. I used to love working in the wintertime. I have had some shoulder troubles and the cold weather seems a bit more brutal each year, but I will still take it over that muggy heat any day. You can warm up a lot easier than you can cool down.

Return to “Everything Else”