• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Nora1
Getting Comfortable

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

Just finished Stephen King's Under the Dome, about to begin Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake.

I'm not a huge King fan, but this one was excellent. Lord of the Flies meets Twilight Zone.....
amandalowhorn
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am currently reading Emma Rose romance books. Try it guys you will not be disappointed and also try joining her newsletter to get free romance books.
J F Klyne
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Worst Nightmare by Shane Briant. It is a terrifyingly good horror-mystery book that I could not put down. The twists toward the end were fantastic, and the killer is cleverly sadistic.
tipmyhat
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

unconscious branding douglas van praet
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
greghsnow
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Just fined reading my bosses new book, "Demand Horizon: A Revolutionary Guide to Creating Great Products" along with Guy Kawasaki's "APE" - both great books. In the middle of reading Dave Kerpen's "Likable Leaders"
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

As is usual for me, I am reading multiple books: "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn, "The Drowning Girl" by Caitlin R. Kiernan (Hmmm, do I detect some sort of pattern her?). and "Sycamore Road" by John Grisham. The last is an audio book, so I guess I am not really 'reading' it, but what else can I call it?
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
dfmnola
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Hmm...I'm reading Girlchild (novel) by Tupelo Hassman Summary, What We Ask of Flesh (poetry collection) by Remica L. Bingham and have in my queue We the Animals (novel) by Justin Torres
StephenPByers
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

A friend suggested I read "A Terrible Love of War" by James Hillman published 2004. It's a thought-provoking psychological presentation in only four chapters, the last of which titled "Religion is War" must have raised the hackles among Christianities adherents.
"Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God that shall be better than light and safer than a known way." (Minnie Louise Haskins (1875-1957)
LyndaO
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

1. 'The Signature of All Things' by Elizabeth Gilbert. It got such great reviews that I finally went for it. I'm a book snob and I hate reading the same book that everyone else is reading, I never read 'Eat,Pray,Love'. Book snobbishness is a terrible fault, really it is.
'The Signature...' is wonderful so far, beautifully written & researched, a full-bodied reading experience.

2. I'm a Shakespeare fan and I'm watching the Sam Mendes production of 'The Hollow Crown' -- The Henriad. Wow, so far the editing hasn't gotten in the way of the heart, it's very good it would be a great intro to the histories for younger folks or anyone new to Shakespeare and a great jumping off point to actually reading the plays.

This is in the NYT today. Interesting.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/17/theat ... =arts&_r=0
ebailey
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm just beginning Girlchild by Tupelo Hassman. My last book was a collection of poems by Robert Bly and next on my list recommended by a friend is a toss-up between Rita Mae Brown's Rubyfruit Jungle and We the Animals by Justin Torres.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”