• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lovemybull
Atop the Piled Books

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

"The Poisoner's Handbook"-Deborah Blum
One of those books you pick up by chance and you're hooked. Fascinating read for history buffs who are mystery lovers on the side :-D
L' Chaim!
threak17
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

The Curious Case of Sidd Finch by George Plimpton
cobaltls05
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am currently reading The Sixth Extinction by James Rollins! I am half way done! :)
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

"The Body Farm" by Patricia Cornwell
threak17
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Now I'm knee-deep in, MAX PERKINS; Editor Of Genius by A. Scott Berg. What a great book. Inspirational. I try to imagine what it must have been like to hand-hold and manage all those genius writers. Too bad it has to end.
DanielFullard
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Just complete Cormac Mcarthys "The Road" which I found pretty hard going, tiresome and dull.

Just about finished Roddy Doyles "The Commitments" which is a good, fun and engaging book
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I just started "God, Give Us Wings" by Felicia Prekeris Brown. A memoir of a small family and how they survive during WWII, first the Soviet and then the Nazi occupations of Lithuania.
I, myself, experienced that same tragedy. So it will be a sharing of our experiences. My story in fiction form is told in "Desire and Red Wine, A Life's Journey" by Victoria Norvaisa.
lovemybull
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

I picked up "Diary of a Mad Diva" two days ago, when they move you out of ICU when you're still on life support, they're getting ready to let you go. It's entertaining junk reading...if you had taken one of my beloved aunts and given them a fifth plus a case of Red Bull.
L' Chaim!
mumaugh55
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I just finished reading the trilogy by Neal Stephenson "The Baroque Cycle." It's a challenging read consisting of 8 books contained in 3 volumes: 'Quicksilver,' 'The Confusion,' and 'The System of the World.' Set in the late 17th and early 18th centuries with a huge cast of characters including Isaac Newton, Gottfried Leibniz, Daniel Waterhouse and other notables and fictional characters. It's a mix of historical fact, fiction and science fiction. Definitely worth reading.
LuciaMaurice
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I finally decided to purchase Crime and Punishment just because I was able to buy it so cheap http://www.librarist.com/us/book/9780140449136/. And so far I like it :)

Return to “What are you currently reading?”