• In total there are 45 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hola!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
anthology

Hola!

Unread post

My name is Tony. I don't speak spanish although I wish spoke many languages :) I'm a 25 yr old male from just outside of Milwaukee. After realizing that I spend entirely too much time hanging out at bars with the same old crew I decided to join booktalk. Most of my reading has been nonfiction political... lots of thomas freidman but some of my other favorites include "against all enemies" (Richard Clarke) and "Bushworld" (Mareen Dowd). And I must admit that when i'm at the library and need a good laugh i've been known to pick up a Rush Limbaugh book but usually can only tolerate for 1-2 pages. I recently read "the beautiful things that heaven bears" and I'm currently tearing through "what is the what." I'm interested in reading more fiction so here's a question for YOU - what's your favorite novel?
My favorite books include love, hardship, personal discovery, and humor but i guess most good books have just about all of those components?!?
My favorite thing to do is meet new people and gain new perspectives. I'm a very open person so feel free to chat with me. Sounds like this is an interesting group - looking forward to learning more!
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

Hey Tony. I like your forum name. I also like the play on what I assume is your full name...anthony
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Welcome Anthology!

Unread post

Hello,

This is just what I had hoped for on this sunny morning:
an Anthology of literature in the English language from The Bar to Booktalk.
(I don't seem to be able to make Smileys cooperate today, so you'll just need to use imagination for the smiling face).

Anthology wrote:

"My favorite books include love, hardship, personal discovery, and humor but i guess most good books have just about all of those components?!?"

In fact, my reading experience falls a little short on humour.
This will give me a chance to mention one of my favourites in American fiction: Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry.

I had a lot of fun with this book, as well as its sequels/ prequel.

http://www.amazon.com/Lonesome-Dove-Nov ... 2[quote]My [/quote]
Ophelia.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Anthology,

After reading your and Rose's postings mentioning Thomas Friedman, I checked what amazon reviewers had to say, and I am going to try
Longitudes and Attitudes.
Ophelia.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Ophelia wrote:Anthology,

After reading your and Rose's postings mentioning Thomas Friedman, I checked what amazon reviewers had to say, and I am going to try
Longitudes and Attitudes.
Welcome Antholgy! Hope to see you around the forums. As for me, I am a big Sci Fi reader...but I try not to read just any, so my choices are limited. But I appreciate any good book in any genre (almost).

We also tend to read alot of science and philosophy based selections, so I hope you can get into that.

Mr. P.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.

Return to “Everything Else”