• In total there are 30 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Meet and greet chat night

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

I just like to hear from you now and then, Mr.P. I was, btw, actually disappointed in the lack of tawdriness on that one site
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

Hi, sorry I haven't been on here in a couple days - crazy hectic with the holidays coming up, but I would be interested in participating as well though I do not have much experience with chat rooms so everyone would have to bear with me :D
My wedding day! 08-08-08
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

No problem Constance, glad to hear you intend to join us.

So it sounds that, of those that are interested, the 27th is good. As I had suggested earlier, I want to try for something a little earlier than 9PM EST to give our couple European members a better chance of participating. So, if you plan on participating and you have a preferred time, post it here. I'm thinking 7PM, 8PM, or 9PM EST, preferrably 7 or 8.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Rose: My websites were a bit more tawdry when they were active. But these domains are now just parked with a company that pays for traffic/clicks. When I get back on my feet, I will probably put the sites back up as they were. Well, my leather site will be revamped and geared on making more mundane items as opposed to the S&M gear (although I will always make S&M gear...just too much potential fun for the types of conventions I can do!)

Mr. P.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

irishrose wrote:No problem Constance, glad to hear you intend to join us.

So it sounds that, of those that are interested, the 27th is good. As I had suggested earlier, I want to try for something a little earlier than 9PM EST to give our couple European members a better chance of participating. So, if you plan on participating and you have a preferred time, post it here. I'm thinking 7PM, 8PM, or 9PM EST, preferrably 7 or 8.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Thanks irishrose. I think either 7 or 8 would be fine with me.
My wedding day! 08-08-08
lemme think
Master Debater

Unread post

irishrose wrote: Lemmethink, funny thing is, when I decided to try and schedule a chat I was trying to recall the member who had dropped in on the last chat, a couple months ago now. And now I'm pretty sure it was you, yes?

It would have been hilarious to me if I had thought "Lemme think" who could it have been...? HEH! Yup, still making me chuckle.
Yes, Irishrose, that was me! Ha! I'm chuckling too!!

I plan to be there, depends on if my 2 year old cooperates!!
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

I'm sorry to report that I won't be able to make the chat scheduled for the 27th. Please trust, it can't be helped. Because I feel a definite obligation to attend, as I was the one responsible for initiating the chat, I've offered an explanation for my absence in my journal, if you're interested in knowing.

George Ricker ("garicker") has agreed to take over and will set a definite time for the chat. For those of you who don't know, George is a twice-published author, whose new book, mere atheism, was released last month. He's also a very friendly and interesting person to talk with. I hope that you all still get together, and that we have the chance to schedule another chat in the near future, so I have the opportunity to finally "meet and greet" everyone.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Since Rosemary has asked me to fill in ("take over" is a bit too strong) because she can't make it to the chat, I'll try to muddle through with everyone's help. Feel free to chime in with your suggestions.

The plan now is to have the chat on Dec. 27th. Rose had talked about scheduling it to start at 7, 8, or 9 p.m., depending upon everyone's preferences. (Note: all times are Eastern Standard Time in the U.S.)

I'm going to fix the time at 8 p.m., tentatively. If that creates problems for anyone, let us know and we'll try to negotiate a more convenient time. As I said in an earlier posting, my schedule is probably more flexible than most of the rest of you (I'm retired), so it really doesn't matter so much to me whether we start earlier or later.

I hope all of you who indicated you would participate will be able to join in. These chats can be fun. The more the merrier.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

This would be 2 a m for me. If I am awake I'll join the chat but this is highly unlikely.

Not to worry, though. :)
Ophelia.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Ophelia wrote:This would be 2 a m for me. If I am awake I'll join the chat but this is highly unlikely.

Not to worry, though. :)
Would you be more likely to be awake for a 7 p.m. session (I guess that would be 1 a.m. your time)? I would have no problem moving it up an hour. Anything earlier on a week night might be problematic for those on this side of the pond.

Let me know if that's helpful.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods

Return to “Everything Else”