• In total there are 100 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 97 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Greetings from the "Friendly City"

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Katelyn
Official Newbie!

Greetings from the "Friendly City"

Unread post

As with most if the other introductions I have read, I too am new to the online book talk community. I am from a small town in Tennessee, which prides itself on being the "Friendly City." I am a recent college grad with a degree in biology and now struggling with the eternal question of what to do with my life. Thus, I am working in a field totally different from my education. As far as my literary interests are concerned, I tend to gravitate towards reading historical non-fiction. However, I gain insights from every type of book I read. I look forward to sharing in and discussing thoughts with all of you!
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Hello! What field are you working in now, and what was your favorite field in biology?
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. -- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello Katelyn, welcome to Booktalk! :smile:

I read historical fiction too, that is when I can find books that are not a love story with the history part as a mere backdrop.
I love James Michener-- serious info, no nonsense or romance. I'm not against historical fiction which includes a love story-- there are a few books like this on the list I gave about "My books in French".
Ophelia.
Raving Lunatic
All Star Member

Unread post

I find that I like Philippa Gregory who wrote The Other Boleyn Girl and The Constant Princess.

Welcome!
Katelyn
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hello, I am actually work in the commercial and construction lending department of a bank. I found freshwater ecology to be by far the most interesting field during my coursework.

Return to “Everything Else”