• In total there are 134 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 133 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Does anyone ever use the chat room?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

I think one way to improve the use of the chatroom a bell tone alert when someone entered or if it were possible to invite someone (that was online - I do notice people online when I am) with some sort of instant message that they would see where ever they were on Booktalk.

One more thing, have multiple links to the chatroom. There could be one at the top of the page as well as one on the left side. Or even a small button that changes color when someone is in the chatroom.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Saffron - just to say, I don't trust myself in the Chatroom. So eager to communicate......

But when one places a 'post' one has a little time to think about the effect of that post on the other person/persons...

The chatroom is so immediate...it can cause all kinds of problems....

Not for me...but others....
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Penelope wrote: The chatroom is so immediate...it can cause all kinds of problems....
Yes, if you want to uses the chatroom, just go there and start typing. When new, I did it and Camacho showed up, and I felt downright retarded because I could not think and type as fast as he did. Now, if there were a large group, my chat ineptness wouldn't show.

Tom
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

We definitely need to figure out ways to use our chat room more often. This will be next on the list. As of right now I have been spending my time on several other upgrades that you'll learn about within a few days. I think you guys are going to be very excited about at least one of them.

Please remind me about the chat room issue. We need to do a few things to make it more inviting, such as...

1. A "CHAT" link in the top green navigation bar.
2. A sound that we all hear when someone enters the chat room
3. The main entrance to the chat should probably be right up top above the forums, but below the book images.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I am always up for chatting when I am on. Feel free to pm me if you are on with me and would like to chat!

Return to “Everything Else”