• In total there are 38 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

I am changing the title so people aren't confused

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

I am changing the title so people aren't confused

Unread post

I am Niall. I'm 19, male, Irish and a student. I'm studying psychology and english. At this point I'd like to point out that studying English, does not improve one's ability to speak the language. I must apoligies in advance for my poor grammar, syntax and general structuring. Truth is, I'm a lazy kind of guy.I'm also going to have to apoligise in advance for any offensive aggression you may find in my posts, its just a style that I use to entertain myself. I am easily entertained.I'm also a chancer, so if something I say sounds like bullshit, then feel free to investigate, then punish me for being a fool. Other useful info: I'm a Catholic. I like punk/metal/hardcore music. I'm into videogames. I am what a right-wing american would call 'anti-american'. I have little tolerance for parochialism and alas, after reading just a few threads around here, I fear that this forum is infected by that foul ailment. Edited by: Niall001 at: 1/28/06 7:51 am
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: I am....

Unread post

NiallWe welcome you and your bad attitude. Are you living in Ireland now? You say you're Irish so I am wondering where you live.Don't worry about upsetting anyone around here. If you can defend your positions, no matter what they may be, you should have no troubles here. If not...may God bless you. Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

I am

Unread post

Nice!Yep, I'm living in Ireland. Study in Galway, live in sligo.I think I'll keep the attitude in line for a while then release it as a suprise attack. Of course it won't be a suprise now...Ah well, thats life.
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Re: I am

Unread post

I think you write with a lovely accent. Science is neither a philosophy nor a belief system. It is a combination of mental operations that has become increasingly the habit of educated peoples, a culture of illuminations hit upon by a fortunate turn of history that yielded the most effective way of learning about the real world ever conceived. E.O.Wilson
Timothy Schoonover

Re: I am

Unread post

Hm, parochial, says the Catholic? I always considered myself libertine. We have two things in common, at the very least. Laziness and video games. Which ones do you like? Any MMOG's or computer games, or are you the old-fashioned console type?
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Games

Unread post

Well for the most part I'm a console kind of guy. Zelda, Shenmue, Halo, SplinterCell, Soul Caliber, that kind of thing. But you just got to love PC rpgs, baldur's gate and the like and then you can only ever play 1st person shooters properly on a pc (halo being the exception that proves the rule). To be honest I try to stay away from online games. Last time I got hooked on counter strike the phone bill didn't look pretty AS for my accent, I could type like this if you want:Dis is a tesht, deres more to arreland dan da accent.Sorry, that was a piss poor effort
Timothy Schoonover

Re: Games

Unread post

I'm playing NWN right now. It's another implementation of the DnD ruleset like Baldur's Gate. Can't wait for Halo to come out on PC.Well, nice to meet you Niall.
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

just in case ...

Unread post

On the off chance that anyone was wondering, no I have not abandoned booktalk for pastures greener, I've moved to London for the summer. No net access and working 7:30 till at least 17:30 6 days a week leaves little time for this kind of thing.New smilies are cool.Bye.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: just in case ...

Unread post

Are you now back or is this just a cameo.Glad you are back (if so) and hope to read you soon (if no).Be well Niall!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: just in case ...

Unread post

NiallGood to see you're still alive and doing well. I've got a friend living close to London now. He moved there from Florida. I'm not sure why I'm telling you this. Maybe you can get together and do English tea with him. Anyway... stop in when you can. And keep reading!Chris

Return to “Everything Else”