• In total there are 54 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

New member from St. Petersburg, Florida

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Diane D
Getting Comfortable

New member from St. Petersburg, Florida

Unread post

Hello to everyone! This looks like a great site.

I'm a 50-year-old female from St. Petersburg, Florida. I read mostly fiction, literature (if those two are different), and mysteries. My other interests are fiber arts, especially weaving, and movies.

I'm currently reading Dickens, and am on my third book, so I'll be looking for threads about his work.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it: For quite a while, I have been looking for online book groups. I want to read books like James Joyce's ULYSSES or Marcel Proust's REMEMBRANCE OF THINGS PAST along with other people, with online discussions as we read along together. Does anyone know of any groups like this?

Diane Drutowski
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :smile:

We could be the group you're seeking, but you have to invest a little time and energy into motivating the other members to read and discuss those sort of books with you here. We work as a democracy so anyone can suggest a book and try to persuade others that their suggestion is a worthy one. Check out the various forums and get involved. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Oh, and I'm just up the street in the Largo/Clearwater area. :smile:
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello Diane, welcome to Booktalk! :smile:
Ophelia.
Dr Paradise
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

BookTalk is a great place to be, there are a lot of interesting conversations and you will learn something new everyday. Best wishes to you and I am happy to see you here too.
farmgirlshelley
Intern

Unread post

Welcome, love your avatar. I am a big LOST fan!
:D
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

farmgirlshelley wrote:Welcome, love your avatar. I am a big LOST fan!
:D
:laugh: I knew that guy looked familiar!

Diane: When Chris puts up the post for suggestions for Fiction, make your suggestion one of the books you mentioned in your intro. And if that doesn't fly, start a discussion of a book of your choice on the Alternate Fiction thread. Good-luck!
Diane D
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks, everyone, for the advice, suggestions, and welcomes!

Lost fans: Didn't you love it when Sawyer taped together the halves of two different pairs of eyeglasses so he could read on the island?

Return to “Everything Else”