• In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Book Rental?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
WordNerd

Book Rental?

Unread post

Hey y'all fellow bookies! Have any of you tried any sort of book rental programs? I’m thinking of trying BookSwim – they have this 3 books per month plan that starts at $10. Has anyone here tried it? Out of all my research this is the site that sounds the best and has gotten the best reviews. TIA!! :up:
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

I've never heard of it. But I would be interested in finding out more about it. It definitely sounds like a worthwhile adventure.
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Never tried it, but they are based right near me. My wife interviewed with them a while back. Sounds like a good idea. But I would MUCH rather see people support the local library. You can get any book at the library, even if they do not carry it. Just have them order it for you from another library!!

I work at my local library...there is talk of closing many smaller libraries, but they still have a good service to offer. Support your library!!!
lexley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I've tried Booksfree.com and wasn't very impressed with their selection. I agree with the last poster and say just use your library.
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

The library is always the best choice in my opinion.
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
book
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I fully agree - support the real world of imaginary worlds, support the library.

Return to “Everything Else”