• In total there are 151 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 150 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

How does booktalk do it?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

How does booktalk do it?

Unread post

Ok, now I'm not one to judge but this is honestly THE BEST USER GENERATED CONTENT SITE relating to books ANYWHERE!!

While there are other book centered discussion sites, what thought provoking topics are they currently grappling with in spirited and rational ideological debate you ask?
What do you call an adulterous affair with a ghost? A spiritual liaison? A ghoulish romance? A voodoo hoodoo? Jorge Amado's Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands grapples with just this question.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Feb10.html

Another site had a couple of enthusiastic members attempting to convince an apparently European member that the "Left Behind" series, based on the christian rapture and written by Evangelical Fundamentalists, "was a huge hit here in the US." Yes, maybe in that members sheltered corner of the continent.

http://www.book-discussion-forum.co.uk/ ... f=23&t=290

Thanks booktalk, you are the best there is at what you do (apparently)! Not that I had any doubts or anything. :hmm:

It's a wonder we aren't flooded with the ignorence and triviality (I do my best anyway) that seems to permeate most other discussion communities.

:book:
book
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hear hear! Or here here! Or however you spell it!

There's quite a few book forums around, and I do like to have a gander, and generally lurk around them without posting, but Booktalk is the only one I always come back to. Anyone else a member of any other sites? Or book social networking sites like Book Army? I quite enjoy writing a book review on either that or amazon, it always vents my frustrations/pleasures/anger successfully after reading a book!
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

I've tried a few other forums but BT is the best by far. Interesting site, ideas, people, and it looks appealing.
Chris has done a superb job. I know this is not easy to keep up.
Here's to Chris and Booktalk!
Di
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

BookTalk is the best!

Return to “Everything Else”