• In total there are 58 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hello. I am new to book talk. Let me introduce myself.

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Rancher
Almost Comfortable

Hello. I am new to book talk. Let me introduce myself.

Unread post

I have just joined Book Talk and am a little unsure as to what to do now. :wall:

About me I am a 29 year old female who has spent the better part of my life caring for others and doing nothing for myself. However that changed three years ago when I was given six months to live. I fought cancer and while healing found out I love to write books.

I am a new author my first book is available pre order only right now through Barns and Noble. It is called "A Cowgirl Remembers When...". I am so happy about this.

I would really love to hear from other authors. Is it usually a fight to get a good publisher? I feel I fought harder to find a good pubisher than I did to concore the cancer. :laugh:

Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :smile: And congrats on beating the cancer. I've lost many loved ones to cancer so it is always nice to hear stories of people beating the odds and pulling out of it.

You say you're unsure of what to do next. You should click around and explore the various forums. Once you have read a few dozen posts everything will fall into place. We have lots of book discussions happening at all times so pay attention to the forums with book title names. That's where we're talking about our books.
Lotus
Master Debater

Unread post

Rancher, :hi: to BookTalk
npimenta
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Beating cancer with odds like that is pretty incredible. Congratulations. I am new to this site today also and having a little trouble finding my way around. I my self am a survivor of a really bad accident which inspired me to write. I have not figured how to upload a picture of my book cover yet. I hope to find a way.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I added an image of your book.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

A Cow Girl Remembers When

Unread post

Chris:
I so hope Rancher makes an appearance soon. I have ordered "A Cowgirl Remembers When" from Barnes and Noble, (on line site, not store over a month ago) but they have informed me that they may not be able to send it to me, and will cancel my order within 30 days due to the inability to receive a copy from the publisher. This was a week ago. If I can't receive it, I suppose I will need to directly contact the publisher and intend to do so.

This is disapointing to me, I was looking forward to sharing this book with Rancher, but she seems to have disapeared. Desperatly seeking Rancher!

I also would so appreciate the opportunity to discuss books written by Thrillwriter. Is there any way for the authors on our site to have their own forum? Under your disrcretion and guidlines of course. You could feature one of Thrillwriter's books, have her be the discussion leader for example.

I have noticed that Getshorty has initiated a discussion on the books of Emily Giffin, the thread is doing well. I truly feel that the authors who are members on the site would generate discussions, and give readers the opportunity to talk directly to the author. I think you should jump on this opportunity! It would get people talking without having to resort to responding to a topic that is several years old. (I have noticed that there is a lot of that going on)

Just a thought.
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

Suzanne,

How sweet you are to mention me. I have been so busy as of late promoting, editing, reading, and writing ... I feel I have deserted my friends here at BT. You will love it here. The participants are friendly, intelligent and honest, (brutally on occasion), but none the less, I've never learned anything from anyone who agreed with me. And that is why I love it here. I know everyone will tell me just what they think.
I look forward to being able to spend more time on BT again.
And most assuredly, look forward to meeting you in other forums.
Good health and happy days ahead to you my dear,
Diana a.k.a Thrillwriter
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

Rancher,

Welcome.

Yes, it is very difficult to find a 'good' publisher. And most will not take your submissions w/o an agent. HA! Those are even harder to find. Keep at it if you don't like the one you have. Don't become discouraged. Keep plodding along. Someone will take notice, eventually. Big stong, as I know you already are.

I am intrigued by your book and I think I would like to read it. Would you be interested in a barter? I send you mine if you send me yours? I have three thus far and the third is by far the best of the bunch. All though Runing from her past is not bad either.

I recently lost a very dear and close friend to Brain Cancer after a long and painful fight. She was bubbly and upbeat to the end. I miss her very much and think of her every day. It still makes me cry to think she is no longer in this world.

I believe there are people whom one loves immediately and forever. Even to know they are alive in the world with one is quite enough. Judy was one of those people to me. So BRAVO darling. I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting up with you again in one of the forums.
Warmest wishes,
Diana a.k.a. Thrillwriter
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Re: A Cow Girl Remembers When

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:I also would so appreciate the opportunity to discuss books written by Thrillwriter.
Thrillwriter modestly didn't tell you, but she has a stylish website of her own:

http://www.dianabain.net/

with blog, photos, a contest, and survey. I think she would like for you to visit. I have read her Terms of Service word for word to confirm that one can sign up without signing away one's soul. Terms of Service, however, may change at any time and from time to time for any reason and without notice, etc. :)

Tom
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

Tom,

My, my you are thorough. I'm happy to know you have been on my site recently. I hope you signed up for the contest. Even if you don't like my genre, perhaps you know someone who does. And I truly am giving away four free novels.

BTW, have you seen my blog as of late? I wrote some things you might find entertaining. I know you enjoyed my last post.

Oh, and I wasn't advertising, nor was I trying to sell anything. But thanks for the plug. I can always use good PR.

Warmest wishes,
Diana

Return to “Everything Else”