• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What format of book do you prefer?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
blue lily

Re: Cool

Unread post

Paperback. Trade paperbacks especially. Well, any pretty book attracts me. Publishers have gotten much better in recent years at making them look like candy for people who love to read.
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

I like both but most of my books are paperback. I hate e-books and audio books. It's not the same as holding a book in your hands
Books are my life
unedu

Unread post

I prefer paperback because it's cheap. Forking over $4-10 on something that's very likely to be underlined, folded, and spilled on is a little easier to digest than spending $30 on a book I'll feel forced to be too gentle with. Of course, if a hardback is cheap enough, I'll buy it (and feel like jerk if I spill something on it). I like to pace around the room while I read, so I usually don't bother with e-books, though I find e-books are useful to review a book before buying a physical copy.

I've tried one audiobook and I found it difficult to just sit there passively listening. I like to stop, underline stuff that doesn't make sense, and re-read if necessary. I can't really do that as easily if I'm listening on my iPod.
realiz

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Amazingly Intelligent

Unread post

For sure paperbacks.

Hardcover are too heavy and expensive.
Audio, I'd rather see the words than listen.
E-books, too much on the computer gives me a headache and a sore back and I work on a computer, so that is enough.
giselle

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
Almost Awesome

Unread post

i like books that feel good, have a tactile quality to the cover, generally paperbacks in trade size where they've gone the extra mile with the cover and the paper .. there's a real art to making a book that feels good when you hold it. electronic forms of publishing just don't cut it in this respect but who knows how this will develop in the future.
Thrillwriter

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
All Star Member

Unread post

Definitely paperback. Convenience and price.
"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling." - Arthur Brisbane
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

Paperbacks really. They're easier to handle. Portable. :smile:
Patrick Kilgallon
Float like a butterfly, post like a bee!

Unread post

paperbacks for reasons above. -and below.
FutureProof
Official Newbie!

Re: What format of book do you prefer?

Unread post

Audio books. I love being able to listen to books during my commute to and from work. And some audio books are so well narrated that it often brings an extra level of enjoyment to them.... Angela's Ashes read by Frank McCourt, Outliers read by Malcolm Gladwell and The Help (a full cast of narrators) come to mind.
Curious about audio books or already an audio book addict? You may enjoy my blog Audio Book Downloads.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”