• In total there are 31 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
bookluver
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

My Sister's Keeper was the first book by Picoult that I ever read. I have to confess- I read the very end of the last page when I was about in the middle of the book (The end of the story- not Kate's message). I thought that the daughter dying in the end was Kate and so it came as a big shock when Anna died. I've only cried in about 5 books in my life and this book became the 6th. I felt a little sorry for the mother but I actually found myself waiting for her exerts in the book to be over. This may sound crazy but the character in the book that I though deserved the most was Jesse. I found his parts in the book the most interesting. I tried to find him in the preview for the movie they're making and they didn't even show him! Just a little glimpse of the back of him throwing paper or something. If they cut him out of the movie- I am going to be mad!
amandamarie82189

Unread post

I just finished the book (had to before the movie came out), and it was the saddest, yet greatest book I have ever read (so far.)

The ending was a complete twist from what I was expecting. Kate was so sick, and it's like you figured she would die eventually, but then it was Anna and BAM! Flood gate of tears was released.

They changed the ending for the movie, which upsets me. I figure the way hollywood changed it means that it's got a very happy ending. Which blows cause the ending is what made the book.

What do you guys think?
Leeann1980
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I don't think i will even watch the film, I agree with amandamarie about the ending, it is not supposed to be a happy story - it is supposed to make you think about what is a very difficult situation for any family to have to deal with. I think a happy ending will just detract from the overall story and message, don't watch the film, read the book!!!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”