• In total there are 160 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 160 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Reading for pleasure! What are you reading now?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

Been reading Inkheart and really enjoying it
Books are my life
poettess
All Star Member

Unread post

After reading about the passing of author Frank McCourt, I decided to check out Angela's Ashes from the library. I love this book so far. The parallels I see in the book to my own life are comforting and the depth of the despair and hardship that surpasses anything I could know is humbling. I would love to discuss the book if anyone has read it
Krysondra

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

"Singular Intimacies: Becoming a Doctor at Bellevue" - Danielle Ofri

"Winds of Fury" - Mercedes Lackey
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." ~ Jack Kerouac
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Poettess wrote:
After reading about the passing of author Frank McCourt, I decided to check out Angela's Ashes from the library.
I was not aware that Frank McCourt had died, I think he was relatively young. He made a great impact on many people, especially his HS students. His book, "Teacher Man" is about his experiences as a HS teacher. I didn't feel the same impact as "Ashes", but many disagree with me.

I read "Ashes" several years ago. I was quite affected by it. I agree, it is humbling, and shows a strong spirit. I remember the mother having to deal with the alcholism and poverty and just crying over the poor quality of life the family suffered because of it. McCourt has a wit about him that tempered some of the saddness.

I am now reading "What is the What", Dave Eggers. It's about the "Lost Boys" of Sudan and the thousands of boys who traveled on foot to reach safety from civil war.
GreyIxia
Freshman

Unread post

I'm currently reading City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I have about 80 pages left and so far it's pretty good.
poettess
All Star Member

The Namesake

Unread post

I haven't started reading this book yet, I just saw the movie, but I plan to read it as soon as it arrives from the library. Has anyone read it? I was an emotional wreck after watching the movie, I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. I am sure the book will just be that much better.
SharcBate1
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

im reading Guns, Germs, And Steel the fate of human societies. Good book
pinkpink_1217
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hey,guys.
This is my first reply!I feel so glad about meet a lot of reading lovers.And hope I can find some good people at here and just have good books sharing! :roll:

I'm reading A Year in High Heels,a book about self-improvement.It's written by Camilla Morton.This is a fabulous book that packed with a lot of interesting information.Camilla have given a lot of bit tips of fabulous lifestyle in this book.I think this book is a lifestyle guide that every girl should have!And I really enjoy reading it.

Actually,I decided to join this book club was besause of in the book,Camailla had talk about book club,and I just found here! :smile:
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Currently reading Ranger's Apprentice: Siege of Macindaw. It's one of my favorite adventure series', and the Siege of Macindaw is the newest one. It came out August 12th, and it is written by John Flanagan from Sydney, Australia. I'd certainly recommend it to adventure/medival story lovers. It is set in the medival era, so if you like swords and armor and magic, it's a good book for you. He has the Australian accent, so his writing style is a little on the English side, but it is easy to comprehend and the average 5th grader could read it. It's a great book about a Ranger [stealth fighter] named Will and his adventures in his land Araluen. Great action, plot and characters. ***** Book.

Yay, 100 posts! I'm glad i've made it this far :D. I'd like to thank the entire of BookTalk.org and Chris OConnor especially for making this site. So far, i've had an insanely awesome time, and I look forward to my next milestone, gaining 150 posts ;).
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Aw. I gotta change my Avatar to "Experienced" now. I'm going to definately go with a smaller border this time :hmm:
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park

Return to “Everything Else”