• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

Now reading Herodotus The Histories
Books are my life
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

DWill wrote:Trying to get thoroughly into William Faulkner.
DW, Reading your post gave me a start. Just the other day I was thinking about a statement you made about liking depressing novels. I was wondering how serious you were and why if true, you might be drawn to depressing works. And then I thought, "ah, he needs to read William Faulkner's "Sound and the Fury." I loved this book, so beautiful and so tragic. And here you are reading Falkner.
Last edited by Saffron on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarahIG
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Terry Pratchett - Nation
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

I've enjoyed a few of Pratchett's "disc world" books. He's a very funny writer. I was sad to hear that Pratchett was recently diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's.
-Geo
Question everything
Krysondra

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

Today, I have bookmarks in various positions in:

The Dragon Reborn ~ Robert Jordan
Stardust ~ Neil Gaiman
House of Leaves ~ Mark Danielewski
The Phantom of the Opera ~ Gaston Leroux
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." ~ Jack Kerouac
paulineee
Official Newbie!

Unread post

areadingpigeon wrote:currently reading:

''eesti rahva ennemuistsed jutud'' by kreutzwald .
haha .
it translates as ''fairytales of estonian people''. and it's in my school readinglist. but before that i read ''Jane Eyre''. Again. :D
i LOVEE jane eyre! i had to read it for school and i thought it would be borng but as it turns out, i find that edward rochester is the best character everr! (ok maybe he goes after edward cullen, who is named after mr rochester according to meyer herself :) )

anyways, im currently reading "thanks for the memories" by cecilia ahern who also wrote PS i love you .... its very funny and is fast paced which is always good :up: it was recommended by my cousin who is more of a bookworm than i am ..

i also have my bookmarks on the revolutionary road and someone like you .. i have just finished reading breaking dawn about 2 hours ago . :up:
lottebeertje
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

I'm reading The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton and Gabriel García Márquez' One Hundred Years of Solitude. Still struggling to get through Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles, though...
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

[align=center]ILuvBookz13's Current Reads[/align][align=center]As of 8/4/2009[/align]
Die Trying; One Man's Quest to Conquer the Seven Summits by Bo Parfet

City of Strangers

The Titan's Curse; Percy Jackson & the Olympians Book 3 by Rick Riordan
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
GreyIxia
Freshman

Unread post

I'm reading Flowers For Algernon and I'm going to start Wuthering Heights soon and I just finished reading City Of Bones yesterday.

Iluvbooks13: There's a 5th one called The Last Olympian which recently came out and I can't wait to read it!
"The world has caught on fire, from what I've been told." - Picture Perfect (In Your Eyes) by 10 Years

"Innocence is ugly in the one who is guilty." - Fault Line by 10 Years

"Fools who are looking backwards chose to live as statues, frozen fractured; youthful laughter fades." - Dying Youth by 10 Years

The Truth Beneath The Rose by Within Temptation
lottebeertje
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

I absolutely adored One Hundred Years of Solitude. I am now moving on to War and Peace and The Count of Monte Cristo for history class - to get a good idea of the 'Zeitgeist' in the (post) Napoleontic age.
After that, I don't know. Does anyone have good suggestions?

Return to “What are you currently reading?”