• In total there are 67 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Do you like books made into movies?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
SouthernBellaKV
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

It's hard for me to read a book when the author's sentences are half the length of the page. We were reading it out loud to one another, and we both realized that we felt like we were reading one run on sentence after another. The reason we were even going to read the series was because we enjoyed the movie so much, and it was part of a series, and we wanted to find out what happened.
GreyIxia
Freshman

Unread post

Yes, true. Have you ever read Jane Eyre? The sentences are SO long because she connects almost every sentence with semicolons and colons and dashes.
pinkpink_1217
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Make books into movie absolutely is a good thing at all!

Whether the movie is good or not,at least it maybe can attract more people to read books.
It's truth.A few of my friend don't like reading all the time.I seldom see them read except textbook 'n' comic.But after they have watched the movie Twilight,they're really crazy about Twilight.Afterward,I always see them reading Twilight series.That's a good change!And I feel so glad with it. :D
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

What i really dislike about movies that come from other material is that they just grab the names of the works so that they will grab fans then name the main characters similar and completely change things, or lose the essence of what the story is about.

naturally, concessions must be made. But seriously...

I thought "The Mist" was a good adaptation.

I am looking forward to "World War Z" which was an outstanding book and it looks like the film crew is intending to treat the work seriously and not as an excuse to splatter human bodies on screen.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Jeremy

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

David Fincher did a pretty good job adapting Fight Club. The ending in the book was better, but were they ended the movie was good for dramatic effect.[/b][/i]
lottebeertje
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

I am still curious about what they did with Dorian Gray, aka The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I have no idea when it comes out in the theatres here, but I'll be sure to see it when it does.

@ Suzanne: I agree with your opinion on 'A picture is worth a thousand words'. We have the same expression in Dutch, only when that is literally translated the expression is 'A picture can say more than a thousand words'. Well actually, I think a thousand words can say more than a picture as well.

@ pinkpink_1217: I agree with you. It's good that making movies out of books increases the popularity of them. A lot of good books get more publicity and are widely read, for instance Atonement. I have seen Twilight recently after reading the novel and I thought it was quite good. I read New Moon in advance to the second movie, but the descriptions of Edward begin to annoy me greatly... after twenty times of mentioning how he's so beautiful, I kind of get the point.

Movies made out of books are a positive thing, as long as they do justice to the book. Different endings are out of the question.

Return to “Everything Else”