• In total there are 39 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Have you read Eudora Welty?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
ribby99
Getting Comfortable

Have you read Eudora Welty?

Unread post

I was wondering what she is like, what she writes about, and if you would recommend her books, and which ones?!
MissJaneEyre
Official Newbie!

Re: Have you read Eudora Welty?

Unread post

hi!
I have never read anything by her, but I have been meaning to for a long time!! Ordering a bunch of her books from Amazon now actually :) I hear she is very, very accomplished! Her book “The Optimist's Daughter” is really famous and supposedly exquisite! She won the Pulitzer Prize you know, in the 70s I think it was! I seem to recall she is also know for writing in multiple genres, which is kinda rare I guess, and a common theme in everything she writes is that she really (really) gets into the relationship between the characters as she was really fascinated with human behaviour! If I were you I would start with “The Optimist's Daughter” - at least that's what Im doing! :)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”