• In total there are 43 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Greetings from Oaxaca

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
patrickt
Atop the Piled Books

Greetings from Oaxaca

Unread post

Twelve years ago I moved from Colorado to Oaxaca, Mexico. Obviously, there is no Borders or Barnes and Nobles where I can spend a lovely morning browsing books and have the awesome selection those types of stores offer. Ordering books from the U.S. is expensive and unreliable.

I have bitten the bullet and ordered an ebook reader. I ordered a Kindle from Amazon because I can order books from Mexico. I am awaiting delivery now. Soon, I will have the ability to buy the books I want and read them.

One of my fantasies is finding an environment on line where I can hear about books I might want to read and participate in discussions about books with others. I do miss my reading group in the U.S. I miss the fact that it led me to read books I would not have normally read and I miss the monthly brawls.

So, here's hoping for an on-line replacement.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Greetings from Oaxaca

Unread post

Hello and welcome patrickt

I hope you will look around the forums and jump right into the discussions. We will be starting new book discussions in September.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk. Hope you enjoy the discussions.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. I hope we're what you need. :)

Return to “Everything Else”