• In total there are 52 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

MR Mistry

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
mr mistry
Getting Comfortable

MR Mistry

Unread post

Ni Everyone

My names is Nilesh, I'm 23, from west London

I like reading a wide range of books, fiction and non fiction, crime, conspiracy, comedy, adventure, horror, crime....

its a long story how I came across BookTalk, so if you cant be bothered to read it, don't worry bout it lol!

I'm partially sighted and was looking for audio books, or Braille, because although I do read a lot of print books, I have to use phat glasses which give me a headache after a while......anyway, the NLB website I was looking at had a link to BookTalk, and as it happens, I was looking for a reading group or book club to help me motivate myself to read more.

I chose BookTalk because it covers a wide range of books, fiction and non fiction, the people look cool, and there seems to be enough of a time period to read the book and discuss it!

however, is there a way to find out what book is going to be discussed next, so I can get hold of it in advance?

other boringness about me
I have a degree in creative music technology and computing, and I'm currently working on an online gift shop.0
i like music production and DJn, and most other types of creative media. (sound editing, video editing, image manipulation, web design, graphic design, etc etc....)
I want too write a book before I die
...uhhh I duno I think I've board you enough

look forward to discussing with you!
Mr Mistry!
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Re: MR Mistry

Unread post

Nice of you to drop on by MR Mistry. We do have a large range of books discussing in this website. If you go to view active topics and there is a discussion on what our next book talk is going to be. Right now it is The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A Novel Haruki Murakami and ALONE: Orphaned on the Ocean
Richard Logan & Tere Duperrault Fassbender.
My mother has glaucoma (disease in the eye) and uses the audiobooks a lot herself. She just loves them.
Hope to see you in the discussion forums.
mr mistry
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you, I will go ahead and get the books now.

that's interesting, I also have congenital glaucoma in my left eye, and an artificial rite eye, audio books are good sometimes, now and then tho I like to read a print or Braille book and be able to imagine the voices my self if that makes sense.

Is there a way to save posts, I've been reading a lot of interesting creative writing articles on this forum that I would like to keep for future reference?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)
mr mistry
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

thank you :)
mr mistry
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi Everyone

I no it seems like I signed up to book talk and got board quickly and left, but that's not the case, I was in hospital for a wile, then was busy looking for a new job, and a bunch of other boringness,

I'm back now, and intend to participate in the book discussions as planned.

While I was in hospital, I read the non fiction book predictably irrational, I see that the discussion for it is still up, even though it says it ends in august, should I post my discussion input while its still up, or just ignore that and start discussing the new 1?

thanx!
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Post! :D
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome back. :) I'm glad to see you're out of the hospital now.

You would need to copy and paste posts that you like into a word processor like Microsoft Word if you wanted to save them. Then again we don't delete posts so if you can bookmark a link to the posts you like then you don't have to save anything other than that link.

As a general rule we leave our book discussion forums up as long as people are actively discussing the books. If a book discussion period ends and then there are no more posts for a month we'll stick that forum down in the archives. But if people are showing an interest in still discussing a particular book that book forum will remain out in the open. Once book forums are placed in the archives they are still open for reading and comments.
mr mistry
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

oh cool thanx

Return to “Everything Else”