• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

WOW!! This is just too cool to be true.

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
booklady
The Great Gabsby

WOW!! This is just too cool to be true.

Unread post

I just found this FABULOUS thread by checking out one of the scrolling boxes on the home page or "New Posts" or some similar type place.

What a list. I've seen hundreds but that one is Primo. In fact I printed it out. I have lots of then on my TBR "someday" list actually and that's probably why I am so hyped up. For example, I'm waiting for a really good translation of Don Quixote. Can't wait to read that one. Just my cuppa.

So that list is now underneath my Oprah Book Club list. First I MUST to read all of hers (I've already read at least a third of them. Nirvana! When that is done, then this list. I'm am totally blown away. I want to thank whoever post it. It makes all the other lists I've seen look shoddy.

Don't mind me. I'm going away now. {{tip-toes out quietly}}
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Re: WOW!! This is just too cool to be true.

Unread post

What did you think of the translation of Don Quixote that we read on booktalk a couple of months. If you have not read it I think that that one is a good translation. In my opinion, it is an enjoyable book to read.
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Have not seen it. Just joined BookTalk.Org.
Booklady

Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

Well, then you have my recommendation of Edith Grossman's of Don Quixote. :)
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

You rock! I want to add you to my friend's list also.

Recommendation noted and another book added to my miles long Wish List.
Booklady

Nelson Mandela

George Carlin

Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

booklady wrote:You rock!
Booklady:

You always bring a smile to my face. You rock!

:band:
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

You rock!
Thank you. :)
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Thank you Suzanne. Love your smiley's. What song are they playing? One of my favorites I hope. :-)

I'm looking for an "Innocent" one, you know, like I am {{tongue firmly in cheek}}. I found an angel with wings on page 3 but that's not quite it. One with a halo might do it. Do we have any of those, if you know? I looked twice but then I have 3 cataracts and am severely myopic.
Booklady

Nelson Mandela

George Carlin

booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

seespotrun2008:

You are quite welcome. You gave me exactly what I need. Appreciate it very much.

Cool name :-)
Booklady

Nelson Mandela

George Carlin

President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

The pig is delicious. It has very little defenses and its skin is very soft. It fattens up with deliciousness extremely quickly. Pigs are domesticated so they don't mind being around people. Their heavy weight and short stumpy legs mean that they can't run very fast. They are a meal waiting to happen. They just oink and that's pleasant to hear because that means dinner is close by. They eat almost anything and turn that into delicious meat stored inside them for your future consumption. The pig doesn't have a foul odor nor does it need special attention. A pig just wants to eat whatever you may have laying about and then after eating it wants to lay about to become food that you have laying about.

Return to “Everything Else”