• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
becki_uk
Almost Comfortable

Re: Currently reading?

Unread post

I saw Les Mis too. I loved it on stage but the dvd wasn't so good.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

ur nuts.
becki_uk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

who's nuts?
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

"Magic Mountain", Thomas Mann.

Off the heels of "The Tin Drum", about an institutionalized character with heavy themes about WWII writen by a German, now reading about an institutionalized character in "Magic Mountain" with heavy themes about WWI, writen by a German!

Need to get off the German bender. Les Mis next! Need to find the nuts! I like nuts. :roll:
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:"Magic Mountain", Thomas Mann.

Off the heels of "The Tin Drum", about an institutionalized character with heavy themes about WWII writen by a German, now reading about an institutionalized character in "Magic Mountain" with heavy themes about WWI, writen by a German!

Need to get off the German bender. Les Mis next! Need to find the nuts! I like nuts. :roll:
Let me know your thoughts on Mann compared to Grass. I've decided I prefer Mann.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Currently studying Orwell. Now reading A Clergyman's Daughter. Finished Burmese Days. I'm really enjoying his writing. He has an almost melodic prose style that weaves together strong characterizations with a wonderful description of the settings, resulting in very enjoyable reading. One especially interesting part of reading his books is the time frame. He died in the fifties and some of his characters are very racist. He uses his writing to expose the racism and empire building of the United Kingdom.
EndlessLaymon
Devoted Member

Unread post

Traumatized by Alexander S. Brown (a new author I discovered on YouTube) it is very good for a debut novel. After I have finished that book I am going to read Death Of A Salesman by Arthur Miller :D
It's a scary night in the lonesome October
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Re:

Unread post

Ophelia wrote:Hello Moon Knight,

It's always a good idea to ask people what they are reading, and it's quite allright for a new member not to know where those threads are.

This goes under "General Discussion."

I personally am reading "Possession", by A.S Byatt, and "After Empire" (non fiction).

Please use the following link to continue this discussion:

booktalk.org/reading-for-pleasure-what- ... t4683.html
I just finished 'Possession". LOVED it. I really enjoy her work because it takes me to another world.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. I don't go for futuristic novels much but I'm such an Atwood fan that I decided to try this. Naturally, it is so well written that I'm somewhat enjoying it. I still prefer her short stories and Blind Assassins.
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Unread post

Return to “What are you currently reading?”