• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Working Class

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Re: Working Class

Unread post

Emotional Argument:

You keep giving things away and sooner or later you're not going to have anything and the people you've been giving it to are going to expect it of you and there will be a great argument for keeping it away from you. I don't like your ideas at all. You're on your way to slavery and servitude. You have to fight for every penny and know that you are sacrificing your life for your work. There is a price on your life - you are 'worth' something. Every day millions of Americans go in to work and trade away their lives for dollars. It's their duty to see that they get the most for their one life. You only have one. To have a don't care attitude... that's tragic, dumb, and immoral because it not only hurts the person who has it but every other man and woman in their same situation.

I have a post previous to this on the other page.
patrickt
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

And, I understand you are a true believer and follow your faith slavishly. You're quite willing to be enslaved by multiple masters while distaining someone who lives free and works.

Oh, and I do care. I refuse to support extortion and theft.

I think we're clear now. So long.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

I'm working on my debating. I understand that sometimes I need to stick to the issue and not get too personal. So I apologize if anything I've said has caused offense.

I want fairness. Do you hear me advocating solidarity so that an unfair advantage can be achieved for unethical material gains? I'm not but I think that's what you feel is going on here. You've attacked the poor, working people, and it seems the only ones you've stuck up for is yourself and the rich (((Do you include yourself with them?))) Don't you find that odd in the least?????? Just a little????
patrickt
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

I've attacked no one.

"You've attacked the poor, working people, and it seems the only ones you've stuck up for is yourself and the rich (((Do you include yourself with them?))) Don't you find that odd in the least?????? Just a little????"

What I find odd is your characterization of what I've said. I realize sticking up for yourself is odd. I also don't stick up for the rich. I don't think they need me to stick up for them. But, in the union mentality, not attacking is the same as sticking up, isn't it? We've seen recently the mentality of you're for us or your against us. There is no middle ground.

I haven't decided why people enjoy being told what to do so much they will actually pay a union to give them orders. At least my employer paid me.

And, you might consider what "fair" is exactly. Is extortion fair?
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

What union mentality? Which union? The strength of a union is in solidarity. I don't understand your point. That's why it's called a union????

That's easy to answer: Because your union secures for you higher wages and better benefits that you would otherwise not have. Thus, for your contribution you should get back more than what you put in. For teachers this isn't the case... they get bent over yearly.

Is extortion fair? I'm going to bypass the negativity surrounding that word and explore every situation in which extortion may or may not be fair without including in my assessment your back handed insult against union negotiations. Is that what you want? Or did you just want to take another shot at working people?

Return to “Everything Else”