• In total there are 31 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Catching Fire By Suzanne Collins

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
kcpenguinfan

Catching Fire By Suzanne Collins

Unread post

I'm currently reading Catching Fire and I love it! I am at the part where Katniss finds out she has to go back in the Hunger Games. Any comments?
Luckybutton
Almost Comfortable

Re: Catching Fire By Suzanne Collins

Unread post

I read the first book but havent ever gotten round to the second or third... Is catching fire better than The hunger games? I thought hunger games was well written but seemed to lack something, the characters didnt really have any emotional depth...if there improvement in the next two books i might give them a bash.
Bobcat10
Official Newbie!

Unread post

It's been a few months since I've read the series, but I LOVED them. As I recall, the character development gets much better in the second and third book, but the plot gets pretty dark and complicated as well. I think my favorite of the trilogy is still The Hunger Games, although they are really good. I couldn't believe the part where she finds out she has to go back to the games! I was literally calling everyone I knew who had read the books to complain about it.
BretAM5
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I've read both the Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but haven't gotten around to the third book. I liked the Hunger Games and found Catching Fire to be entertaining as well, though I'm a bit torn over it. At first, I thought the return to the arena was just repetitive, and I thought Collins should have done more to show us the world she has been building outside of it. I'm guessing this will happen more in the third book (I am curious about this District 13) but if that's the case, the second book seems more like a really long bridge between two more complete novels. I'm sure my opinions will evolve once I complete the trilogy, though.
"As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning." -Neil Gaiman

Check out my fiction blog/online notebook, Watch Your Eyes
TraciB
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I've read all three books, and am in the middle of re-reading the trilogy (am on book 2). I think the books are thought-provoking and interesting. I'm a little surprised they're making movies based on the books, though, as it seems that a movie about kids being thrown into a kill-or-be killed arena would be more than controversial. Maybe?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”