• In total there are 71 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

An honest note from a new member

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

An honest note from a new member

Unread post

Good evening, I'm Kelly from Arkansas, married, 2 teenagers, many pets. I've worked for the same manufacturer for 18 years and while I've held many positions over the years, currently I oversee all information systems, purchasing and long-term production planning.
I've always been an avid reader, I like to stay up on current events and I sing with a community choir. I get called a bitch a LOT. While I prefer to think of myself as merely brutally honest, in all honesty I probably am a bitch. I'll try not to be rude though - good manners are a virtue.
Hopefully I haven't scared anyone off yet. I certainly look forward to some lively, intelligent discussions.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: An honest note from a new member

Unread post

LOL You certainly are honest.

We'll let you know if and when you're being a bitch. We all get bitchy at times so we can handle it.

Welcome to the community! :)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Avid Reader
Cunning Linguist

Unread post

kelstan wrote:I get called a bitch a LOT. While I prefer to think of myself as merely brutally honest, in all honesty I probably am a bitch. I'll try not to be rude though - good manners are a virtue.
I generally think of the (derogatory) word “bitch” as referring to someone who constantly harps on (“bitches about”) something, and I have to say that I’ve seen some of this here on Booktalk. Brutal honesty, on the other hand, is something I find refreshing rather than irritating, especially if it is used to make a point or express an opinion and not repeated over and over. Welcome to Booktalk kelstan. I think you’ll fit right in here. :D
Money is a lousy way of keeping score.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

In Pre-school I used to wet the little mat they gave me to sleep on during nap time. This happened nearly every day. Looking back, I don't know why the teacher didn't try to prevent it by forcing me to go to the bathroom. I remember this because my Mom used to put a change of clothes for me in a ziplock bag. She did this everyday because I'd pee on my mat every damn day. One day, and I remember this so vividly. I even remember the kids face... it's burned into my mind. My Mom neglected to send me to school equipped for my little disaster. I remember not having my change of clothes. I had a routine. I'd wake up wet and then go clean up and change but today there were no clothes. No new He-man underwear and no Transformers T-shirt. I had to borrow someone else's pee provisions. I was mortified. I hated this kid and here I was wearing his clothes that he lent me because mine were full of you know what.

My point is, don't pee yourself if you don't have new clothes to change into and a place to clean up. It also helps if you can wake up before anyone else so that no one knows you wet yourself.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

Thank you.

Return to “Everything Else”