• In total there are 71 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 71 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Sex scenes - yes or no?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Re: Sex scenes - yes or no?

Unread post

Sex scenes, like sex itself, are all about the foreplay and the anticipation. If you can build a sense of anticipation though your writing, then by all means, I love smut! If you use a lot of 4-letter words and get right to it, ewwww.
Kelly
BookCritic101
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I seek after things that are virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy.
witch love
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

It really depends, for me personally, on the style of writing. The author has to have good flow, and a good handle on what happens in real life, I don't know about you but I have never had my underwear torn from my body. Once sex becomes a joke I loose interest.
In light and love
Kay
-=--=--
I love life because, what more is there.
- Anthony Hopkins
R. LeBeaux
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

witch love wrote:It really depends, for me personally, on the style of writing. The author has to have good flow, and a good handle on what happens in real life, I don't know about you but I have never had my underwear torn from my body. Once sex becomes a joke I loose interest.
I agree. Not only about the actions depicted, but as Avid Reader suggests, the terminology. For example, has anyone ever seen a "throbbing member?"
Author of the novel Then Again - An Adventure in Time Travel
amazon.com/Then-Again-Adventure-Time-Tr ... f_=asap_bc
http://www.wmpublishing.com/
Avid Reader
Cunning Linguist

Unread post

jameshilton wrote:definitely no even in a book besides that is not a necessity to make a good story.. :idontagree:

Do you not believe that sex is a valid (and necessary) part of human life? And isn't fiction supposed to depict human life?
Money is a lousy way of keeping score.

Return to “Everything Else”