• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Share songs and music videos that move you emotionally

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
missyannlala
Book Nut

Re: Share songs and music videos that move you emotionally

Unread post

There's a band that I love called, Brand New. Their music/lyrics are full of so much raw emotion. Any song off their album, Deja Entendu, is amazing!
Especially: the boy who blocked his own shot, the quiet things that no one ever knows, okay i believe you but my tommy gun don't, and tautou. Ohh and don't forget, Play Crack the Sky (it's my favorite!).
give me the rainbow!
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

This is a good thread.

I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin-to-Die-Rag by Country Joe McDonald at Woodstock
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

This song is one of my favorites blues songs by one of my favorite artists. It has everything I feel. It's complete, the whole package. Excellent vocals, lyrics and if you actually sit through the entire song, you can "feel" the guitar cry.

Many blues artist are Great and can play Great. We all know that - no question there at all. But few, very few can sing like this.

If you love the blues, please give this a listen. Makes the hair on my arms stand up. I hope you like this song as much as I and the posters (on all the many versions of this tune) on YT do.

ENJOY!

This one has no photos, it's the very first one:

This one has lots of photos, the second one:
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

poohza wrote:don't get me started, I have an ipod and I am not afraid to use it!
LOL This cracked me up.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

booklady wrote:This song is one of my favorites blues songs by one of my favorite artists. It has everything I feel. It's complete, the whole package. Excellent vocals, lyrics and if you actually sit through the entire song, you can "feel" the guitar cry.

Many blues artist are Great and can play Great. We all know that - no question there at all. But few, very few can sing like this.

If you love the blues, please give this a listen. Makes the hair on my arms stand up. I hope you like this song as much as I and the posters (on all the many versions of this tune) on YT do.
Wow! I have to thank you for introducing me to Alvin Lee! Everything you said about this song is absolutely correct. You have awesome taste in music.

I'm on his web site right now seeing if maybe he is in concert in Florida or nearby any time soon. Looks like he is in Europe right now.

That song was so beautiful. Wow.

I'm watching a few more of his videos right now.

I've seen BB King 2 or 3 times in concert. That was a great time for sure. And then my brother and I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan years before he died and this was like a religious experience.
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

All true. Especially this part:
You have awesome taste in music.
:)

I've seen Ten Years After at least 8 times. Easily. Never saw Alvin Lee solo :( although I have every one of his CD's in addition to several dozen Ten Years After CD's. I worship at TYA's altar and I worship at Alvin Lee's altar. I could point you to some of my favorite, favorite tunes by TYA - they're all awesome but if you are checking Alvin out then I hope and assume you by default will be introduced to the Ultra Talented band known as Ten Years After.

I get a huge kick out of watching Chick Churchill playing his bass. Man, does he really love playing. He gets soooo into it. Never seen anything like it with other supergroups. Not like Chick Churchill. That man can boogey for days!

Do you remember or have you ever seen videos of Ten Years After at Woodstock? The crowd loved it - went hysterical actually - when they played "Going Home". That's on YT but you want the right one, the Woodstock complete performance. That performance jettisoned them in the U.S. even though they already had a Huge Devoted following. I think they also played "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" there. Now, there is one FABULOUS tune, the BEST version of that classic staple I've ever heard and there are many. Not for children though, heh.

I have a mess of BB King and Lucille. I think he has no peers. Truly. Like B.B., Alvin still uses the same guitar. If one were to look at 1,000 photos of him playing, they would see the same guitar (with his Woodstock peace symbol on it). He's known for that also. Now that is one very old gee-tar. :D
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein
vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

I enjoy Alicia Key's "Unthinkable." Depending on your mood and situation, it's very moving, and just a great song overall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuGQUZJot8

A song that makes me feel sexy even though it has creepy lyrics, is The Cure's "Lullaby." The background music (sounds like a dozen violins) is delicious.

A song that makes me want to cry is Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares to You"

If I feel like dancing, I love anything Britney Spears, Madonna, Nelly Furtado, Pitbull, Outkast, Black-eyed Peas. I guess you can say I love music:)

Music is something that puts me in the mood to write, so I guess you can say that part of the inspiration I received while writing my new series, "Iron Sights," which is due to come out this November, was with the help of listening to good music. I can completely shut out the lyrics and just enjoy the harmony of it all.
Last edited by vetwriter on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To find out more about both myself and the books I have written, please visit: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

http://www.singingfool.com/Title.aspx?p ... did=973565

i'm not real good at hyperlinks but the song that moves me the most is called can't cry hard enough by the Williams Brothers, andy and david. It is the same song that was used for the tribute to 9/11. What an amazing song!
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

'the time of my life' from dirty dancing.....every time i hear it, i start to cry.......patrick is sorely missed

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”