• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Art of No Deal

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: The Art of No Deal

Unread post

I'd like to say Dr. Fauci is America in that protocol-breaking face palm moment, but it's only half of us. The video clip is worth watching.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1241044418594996225
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

We probably didn't realize how lucky we were that before the virus, Trump held only a couple of press conferences.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:
Those unemployment numbers, on top of a lot of people living on the edge already, are not bs. People are pretty scared.
They should be. We have all the protection of a third world nation. The virus entered the US about the same time as it did South Korea but they appear to on the backside of this pandemic now. They owe this to a huge amount of testing--tens of thousands a day. Compare the US testing rate to that--THAT is SCARY!! We cannot do ANYTHING until we get a massive testing program. But then remember--Trump is in charge. THAT is SCARY!!!
It's hard to say how this will slice, but I think any notion of economic competence by Trump is completely out the window by now.
They say he downplayed the virus to protect the stock market. Didn't work out too well. There is your genius businessman at work! He destroyed the thing he lied and deceived about in order to protect it. That is NOT a competent leader. Frankly, I don't believe we can afford to wait until November. This guy has to go now!
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:
Dr Fauci's Facepalm Moment.png
Dr Fauci Facepalm Moment

From https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03 ... tests.html

The president’s apparent anger on display as he used the derogatory term “Deep State Department” and Dr Fauci reacted by putting his hand over his face.
Yeah, I watched that. I rolled my eyes at the same moment.

Return to “Current Events & History”