• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Next End Of The World: May 27, 2012

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: The Next End Of The World: May 19, 2013

Unread post

Oh Lawdy, this fool has set ANOTHER date for the return of Jeebuz! Now it is May 19, 2013. Well I guess I'd try to make a similar prediction if I were in his circumstances.
Ronald Weinland, Doomsday Prophet, Found Guilty Of Tax Evasion
If you thought the end of the world was near, would you pay your taxes? For Ronald Weinland, 63, the answer was no. Weinland -- who runs a church from his home in Cincinnati, Ohio, and delivers sermons via the Internet -- warned his followers that the world was going to combust on Sept. 30, 2008 and then again on May 27, 2012. But as the world kept spinning, the Internal Revenue Service grew suspicious of Weinland's personal finances.

On June 13, Weinland was found guilty on five counts of tax evasion, according to Northern Kentucky News. He avoided paying more than $300,000 in taxes between 2005 and 2010 by funneling money into a foreign bank account, lying on his tax forms and writing off personal expenses as church expenses, according to the grand jury indictment. Weinland reportedly defended his actions by telling the jury that the U.S. financial system would collapse before Jesus returned and the world expired, according to Northern Kentucky News .

...The doomsday prophet might be praying the end of the world will come sooner than May 19, 2013 -- his latest doomsday prediction. He'll be sentenced on Sept. 24 and faces five years in prison.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 16666.html
Does Weinland really believe we're going to outlive the Mayan calendar? :lol:
Sorry 'bout the number of posts on this idiot, but he lives in town, so you know.......it's hard to let it go....
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: The Next End Of The World: May 27, 2012

Unread post

When I see these 'end of the world' pronouncements, I am reminded of I story I read/heard about the late social critic, writer and journalist H. L. Mencken :twisted: . The story is, that as a cub reporter for a samm newspaper, he was sent to inteview the leader of a group on a hillside outside town, awaiting the end of the world, which was supposed to occur that afternoon. Mencken got his interview, returned to the paper and wrote the standard 'flake' story. He was about to submit it to the copy editor, when inspiration struck him. He returned to his typewriter (this was earth 20th centure, well before word processors), inserted a fresh sheet of paper and typed:

"Dateline Today; Time; Anytown, USA. At (time) this afternoon, the world ended." :o :shock: :?

:lol:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
findsharon
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Does anyone know where I can get an apocalypse calender so I can keep track of all this?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

ehrmegerd!
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

johnson2010, this one really brought smile to my face. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
JFRobot
Master Debater

Unread post

Any man/woman who thinks he/she can predict Christ's second coming is hopelessly fooling him/herself.
Any man/woman who thinks the world will end this December is just as equally fooled.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”