• In total there are 27 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 27 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The problems in texas school standards starts and stops with these folks.

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: The problems in texas school standards starts and stops with these folks.

Unread post

a glimmer in the darkness.

Perhaps this great, rotting husk of flabby grey meat may still turn out to be texas' brain.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 74797.html
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQx_2j5n ... re=related

Here you go.

The jackasses... in live video, re-writing history. I rage at these idiots like none other.
These are your school board representatives, Texas. Are you proud now?
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

We need competition in schools, not a centralized bureaucracy up for grabs making decisions, and taxpayers forced to support it. Then you could have these people setting up their own Ignorance Academy and try to sell it.

But most people want to try to improve education by throwing more federal dollars at the bureaucracy.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Say you have a zoo to fund. You donate a million dollars. Nothing good comes of it. You donate another million dollars, but this time you go to see how the money is being spent.

Lo and behold they are throwing big pallets of hundred dollar bills in to the polar bears, who are encouraged to "spend it wisely".

more money cannot be the answer when those dipshits are in charge of spending it.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Return to “Current Events & History”