• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

The truth about Mother Teresa...

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

The truth about Mother Teresa...

Unread post

Quote:Does Mother Teresa deserve her reputation as the kindest, purest person of all time, or was she history's most over-rated phenomenon?The author of a new book about Mother Teresa emailed me a few minutes ago and I thought I would share this with you all. Perhaps some members would enjoy reading this book.The Final VerdictThe entire book is available online, just without the pictures. Check it out folks. Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
curttheprophet

Re: The truth about Mother Teresa...

Unread post

I read the book online (ouch, my eyes) a few days ago, and it's really good. In fact, I wrote a review, which you can find at my website. (Please be kind, I wrote it in about a half an hour and then posted it immediately.) Surf to www.iliketoast.com and go to the "Art, culture, and other non-sense" category.He is mostly upset about Mother Teresa's slander of his home city of Calcutta, and he really proves his case that her reputation as a selfless helper of the down and out is mostly just myth. He exposes her many "saintly tall tales" by quoting directly from her speech transcripts, and investigates her hardline anti-abortion politics and her iffy business practices. Very eye-opening report indeed.You can order it from his website direct from India, or, as Chris pointed out, it's available for free online. I wouldn't recommend reading it that way as it kills your eyes, but hey, it's your vision... that was my excuse. I really should investigate those handheld electronic readers--I wonder if they're up to snuff yet to save your eyesight.Curt. Edited by: curttheprophet at: 7/5/03 10:54 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

You read the entire book online? Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
curttheprophet

Unread post

Yeah, I'm crazy and a little bit stupid. I also read really fast. I'll probably order it when I get paid next, because it's really good and I want the pictures.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Christopher Hitchens also wrote a book attacking Mother Teresa Missionary Position. I saw that she recently change status of some sort - is she officially a Saint now?
anuttama

Mother Teresa

Unread post

As an Indian, I have felt deeply anguished by the way in which the international media chooses to portray Mother Teresa and the city of Calcutta. I had heard about this book before, but I haven't seen it in stores here so I am glad to be able to read it online. I have just finished reading the introduction and the first chapter and I must say that I am shocked. I have always been sceptical of Mother Teresa, mainly on the grounds of her anti-woman views on contraception and abortion but I had little idea about the extent of her deceit. That her Missionaries of Charity is not one of the primary charitable organisations of Calcutta, leave alone India, comes as no surprise. It shames me to see the way in which Indians, hungry for international recognition have jumped onto the bandwagon of Mother Teresa adulation. Today the standard answer that Miss India contestants give when asked what they want to do in the future is: "I want to help the poor like Mother Teresa". : -->:"> Makes me see red. Anuttama

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”