• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Tweets Are Baaaack!

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: The Tweets Are Baaaack!

Unread post

Asking to be considered a refugee & applying for status isn’t a crime.
It wasn’t for Jewish families fleeing Germany.
It wasn’t for targeted families fleeing Rwanda.
It wasn’t for communities fleeing war-torn Syria.
And it isn’t for those fleeing violence in Central America.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez 11/25/18
That similarity is true, being considered a refugee and applying for asylum is not a crime. Many of the refugees fleeing Central America have had family members murdered and kidnapped by gangs.
But there is another more harrowing similarity: America also turned away Jewish refugees who were fleeing persecution in Germany and elsewhere. This is a major exhibit in the Holocaust Museum.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

11/28/2018

While the disgusting Fake News is doing everything within their power not to report it that way, at least 3 major players are intimating that the Angry Mueller Gang of Dems is viciously telling witnesses to lie about facts & they will get relief. This is our Joseph McCarthy Era!

----------------------

Impressive. Donald Trump has heard of Joe McCarthy. Big win for the Donald.

Does Trump comparing the Mueller probe to McCarthyism sound like Ocasio-Cortez comparing the migrant caravan to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany?
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

"....I am a Tariff Man. When people or countries come in to raid the great wealth of our Nation, I want them to pay for the privilege of doing so. It will always be the best way to max out our economic power. We are right now taking in $billions in Tariffs. MAKE AMERICA RICH AGAIN"
— Donald J. Trump

"'Tariff Man' Trump’s China Tweets and Investors' Recession Fears, Push Dow Down 800 Points"
Fortune
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

I am in the process of interviewing some really great people for the position of White House Chief of Staff. Fake News has been saying with certainty it was Nick Ayers, a spectacular person who will always be with our #MAGA agenda. I will be making a decision soon!
— @realDonaldTrump

Trump doesn't need a new Chief of Staff. Trump needs a wartime consigliere.
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

...however, for strictly political reasons and because they have been pulled so far left, do NOT want Border Security. They want Open Borders for anyone to come in. This brings large scale crime and disease. Our Southern Border is now Secure and will remain that way.......
— Donald J. Trump

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

"People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!"
— Donald J. Trump

"As far as I can tell, not a single prominent Republican in Washington has condemned the power grab in Wisconsin, the similar grab in Michigan, or even what looks like outright electoral fraud in North Carolina. Elected Republicans don’t just increasingly share the values of white nationalist parties like Fidesz or Poland’s Law and Justice; they also share those parties’ contempt for democracy. The G.O.P. is an authoritarian party in waiting.
Which is why we should be grateful for Trump. If he weren’t so flamboyantly awful, Democrats might have won the House popular vote by only 4 or 5 points, not 8.6 points."

— Paul Krugman (NYT)
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

ant wrote:Trump derangement syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_der ... t_syndrome
Trumpettes have a difficult time with acronyms. Trump Discernment Syndrome
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Example of Trump Discernment Syndrome:

"....however, for strictly political reasons and because they have been pulled so far left, do NOT want Border Security. They want Open Borders for anyone to come in. This brings large scale crime and disease. Our Southern Border is now Secure and will remain that way......."
— Donald J. Trump

"It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Another very bad terror attack in France. We are going to strengthen our borders even more. Chuck and Nancy must give us the votes to get additional Border Security!"
— Donald J. Trump

How many people responsible for terror attacks and mass shootings have entered the country illegally from Mexico? The man makes no sense. I'm all for border integrity but there's no reason why a wall must be erected RIGHT NOW or "I'll shut down the government!" (Stamps feet, pouts).
Donald J. Trump

Return to “Current Events & History”