• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

how often do you guys read a book?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
maria22
Getting Comfortable

how often do you guys read a book?

Unread post

subject says it all...
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: how often do you guys read a book?

Unread post

i'm always reading a book. How fast it gets finished depends on how interested i am.

If one really grabs me, i have been known to slaughter a thousand-pager in a week.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Gao Yu Qing
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

I'm usually reading several simultaneously. I'm currently reading 2 physical books (one hardcover for lunch and sit-down times, one paperback for slipping into a pocket and carrying with me), and I usually have an audio book going in the car for my commute.
maria22
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

that is alot. anyone reading all days?
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

I've got to the state that I see people on the bus who are staring out the window or listening to music, and wonder to myself how boring that would be. Books are so much better than movies, more informative, educational, imaginative and detailed. I have pretty well given up on movies and TV, as I get restless and think I would prefer to be reading.
maria22
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

johnson1010 do you always read a book then we have something in common i do too. how manny have yo read so far?
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I am also always reading a book. Sometimes several, but right now I am so charmed with the current one that I will stick to that.

I also love movies and t.v. Movies are not very good anymore but then they were not always so good in the olden days either. I love the escapism of movies. Time was they helped me a great deal.

Robert you are lucky if you can read in a moving vehicle. That nauseates me. Also what you say reminds me of a theme from a very good movie. Both about looking out the window of the bus and movies themselves.

There is a movie called "Smoke" with Harvey Keitel. It takes place in Brooklyn and he owns a smoke shop. Every day at the same time he goes outside and takes a photograph of the front of his shop. This is a very good movie and everyone learns a lot from looking at the photographs.
rocio44
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

As often as someone recommends a new one to me.
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird
kelperkins
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Not enough. I had a few not so hot books in a row and actually stopped for 2 weeks. Magazines took over and wow, I sure got over that impluse pretty fast. Back to the novel and loving every word!
David80
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Whenever I manage! Though once when I was a teenager I read nearly a whole year not any book, because I just had read one which I liked so much that nothing else interested me. Funny thing is: I don't remember the title or author or anything about this special book that made me stop reading.

This "whenever I manage" is very general - and so it is. Sometimes I am one of those guys who stand in a bus with a book in front of their nose. Or I am sitting at home in my rocking chair like an old grandmother with a cup of tea next to me. I once even spent my vacation in the midlands reading, though I even had booked a holiday home at casamundo. Afterwards I wondered why I didn't stay at home reading. Though I don't take enough time to read, my home looks like a mess - everywhere are books. Like at this picture at thomasfortenberry.net. I have to buy more bookshelfs.
The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. -- Mark Twain

Return to “Everything Else”