• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What format of book do you prefer?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

What format of book do you prefer?

Unread post

What format of book do you prefer? Results (total votes = 22):paperback&nbsp16 / 72.7%&nbsp hardback&nbsp5 / 22.7%&nbsp e-book&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspaudio book&nbsp1 / 4.5%&nbsp 
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: What format of book do you prefer?

Unread post

Paperback. Portable, small on the shelf and no annoying dust covers to fuss with.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I voted for paperback for the same reasons that Nick mentioned. I also like hardback books. I have never done the audio book or e-book thing.
Keith and Company

Unread post

Tradepaperback, for preference. I love the heft of it, while having the advantage of being able to read it one handed, unlike most hardbacks.But for convenience, regular pocketbooks. I resewed my patrol coveralls so that i had one pocket that always could contain a paperback, because there were so many places in the Navy that one had to wait in line. Keith's Place
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I voted paperback, for reading. For keeping, I'd say hardback, but I'd rather have my paperback's bound than buy in hardback in the first place.The other reason I like paperbacks is that I like the old covers they used to give them during the 50s, 60s and 70s. I'm a huge fan of cover design, although most current design does little for me. Vintage does a good job with their current line -- in particular, their printings of Haruki Murakami books are great. But too many books these days are plastered with whatever generic photographs the publisher could vaguely link to the theme of the novel.
pctacitus

Unread post

Paperback, it's light and fits into my pocket. Doug Larson: "The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it."
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

can't beat the convenience and price of a paperback. i have recently taken up the habit of buying hardcovers of fiction before the paperback and selling the hardcover for the difference between the hardcover and paperback price, so i essentially still pay the same amount of money, get to read the book one year sooner, and pass on some savings to someone else.
MonsterDick

Cool

Unread post

I voted p-backs! I couldn't do without the chunky, soft-back ones that take very little space and are handy to carry around. When I was a student I preferred hardcovers.
bitter79

Re: Cool

Unread post

paperbacks def. can't be beat for their portability, but I still prefer hardcover.audiobooks are great but I just don't drive long enough distances often enough to put them to much use. ebooks will never become popular until a mini-laptop devices become more popular. pda screens are probably a little small for comfortable reading. plus you have to deal w/batteries...ugh. "But Liberty, as we all know, cannot flourish in a country that is permanently on a war footing, or even a near-war footing. Permanent crisis justifies permanent control of everybody and everything by the agencies of the central government."- Aldous Huxley
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Cool

Unread post

Audio books are far too expensive right now. If they were the same price as print books I'd be tempted to buy quite a few, but at $35 - $45 each they are out of my reach.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”