• In total there are 70 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Only one that keeps Journal/Diary entries?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
usdfg
Master Debater

Only one that keeps Journal/Diary entries?

Unread post

My experience:
Hi guys, since I was 13 I've been writing down diary entries (currently I am 15). I know two years is not too much time but, its really a great experience and I would recommend everyone that doesnt do it to try it out. It helped me a lot on developing my writing skills. Also it's amazing how things that were so important to me back then can be meaningless to now, the entries also help me see mistakes i've made before so I dont make them again. I'll keep writing journals, hopefully so they are kept sort of as a biography of my life, just the thought of this makes it amazing to me.

Am I the only one who does this? Share your opinions!
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Re: Only one that keeps Journal/Diary entries?

Unread post

I have kept an diary on and off since I was a teen (so a while now). I don't use it as an aid for my writing, but it does help me to release some of the stresses of the day. Also when I look back on past entries, it helps me to put into perspective an issue that has been worrying me.
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

I am a bit irregular with my journal. But it helps you keep track of life. I have a terrible memory and otherwise would just forget most of what happens to me
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

some things are best forgotten :lol: no, just kidding.

i think it's a fantastic idea, one i'm too lazy to implement but i noticed that when you post at a forum like this one over time, you can go back and read old threads and get a similar feel for how you might have changed.
usdfg
Master Debater

Unread post

karend2007 wrote:I have kept an diary on and off since I was a teen (so a while now). I don't use it as an aid for my writing, but it does help me to release some of the stresses of the day. Also when I look back on past entries, it helps me to put into perspective an issue that has been worrying me.
That's true! I didnt add it on there, but it helps me release a lot of stress from current issues in my life :)

Hola, no te que sos de espania. Hablas espaniol? :lol: (me falta la enie)
usdfg
Master Debater

Unread post

heledd wrote:I am a bit irregular with my journal. But it helps you keep track of life. I have a terrible memory and otherwise would just forget most of what happens to me
Sounds good :lol: Now you have a record of your life on paper :D
usdfg
Master Debater

Unread post

youkrst wrote:some things are best forgotten :lol: no, just kidding.

i think it's a fantastic idea, one i'm too lazy to implement but i noticed that when you post at a forum like this one over time, you can go back and read old threads and get a similar feel for how you might have changed.
I see, it's kind of the same idea. You can compare your past opinions with your current ones, see how much your way of looking at things has changed.
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

[/quote]

That's true! I didnt add it on there, but it helps me release a lot of stress from current issues in my life :)

Hola, no te que sos de espania. Hablas espaniol? :lol: (me falta la enie)[/quote]

Si, hablo español bastante bien. Well I just say things and hope my friends understand what I'm saying!
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx
vgrefer
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I kept a journal as a kid, but stopped before high school. Well before high school, I'd think. It was fun while it lasted though :-) I kind of consider my blog like a journal though, come to think of it. I have a blob about fantasy lit and the writing process/indie publishing because I write fantasy.

Return to “Everything Else”