• In total there are 24 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

New action based epic fantasy series: "The Book of Warriors"

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
wrpursche
Official Newbie!

New action based epic fantasy series: "The Book of Warriors"

Unread post

Hello everyone!

Although I've been a published author for many years, I am not very comfortable with self promotion (or good at it either!). My first book "The Canine Commandments" pretty much found buyers on its own.

I've been working on an epic fantasy series for literally decades. It was scheduled to be published by a 'big house' quite a few years ago, but through a series of odd events (which I won't bore you with, but which included the publisher point of view that 'long, series based epic fantasy is dead') never came to be.

I've been struck by the direction in fantasy along two lines: First, the increasing number of main characters that aren't, well, likable. Some of these books are very well written, but I just can't find anyone to root for. I understand not wanting the MC to be 'perfect' and with some flaws, but many of them I cannot fathom. Where are the heroes? And if there is one in the story, why does he or she get killed off so easily?

Second, the wave of books that include so much superfluous detail which seems to be included just to make the story long (as if long=epic). Do we really need to know every step that every character makes, and a great level of detail about every piece of clothing worn by a character we will never see again after one scene?

So, all of that, combined with: the telling of a massive defining event, told from multiple points of view.

Consider, if you will, all the books written about any of the major conflicts of our time, such as World War II. You can find books about the entire war, biographies about generals and infantry soldiers, discourses about the causes of the war, details about battles and campaigns, stories about the effect of the war on the civilians, and books about the aftermath.

But for the most part, all these stories are written well after the fact, when everyone knows, for the most part, how everything turned out.

Now imagine a different war, a war so all encompassing that the very fabric of life, the spirit of humanity, and the Land itself is at risk. And instead of reading one grand history of it, you were able to learn about it, and live it, as it is unfolding, from many different points of view, sometimes from a great height, seeing the big story, and other times, with a spotlight on one character.

This is how to think of The Symmetry. A multi dimensional look at the most important war of all time, a battle for the future and direction of all the Denizens of the Land, and beyond that, for the Balance in the worlds above, below, and beyond what anyone alive can even imagine.

This is just the beginning . . .

There you have it. The first book is called The Book of Warriors: Dior and is the start of the first epic: Chronicles of the Third Reckoning. It is available as a kindle book, and a print version (which will also include the next part) will be available in a few months.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00LDCEDXE

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the entire concept of a war told from different points of view. And on whether you think we need more heroes!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”