• In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Reality Fiction - Vulnerable Girls - Capping

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Reality Fiction - Vulnerable Girls - Capping

Unread post

Hello,

I've decided to write a fictitious piece on the crime of capping, where vulnerable young woman are targeted on-line by cappers. I'm having a bit of a problem with my exposition. Could anyone take a look at my plot skeleton and help me with it. It's good, but feel it's too plane. Tell me how it could be strengthened and made more interesting.

Skeleton Plot
* Hunter goes on-line to read comments about his work. Based on the comments he decides to scrap his script thus far.
* His sister ditches supper and goes out with Isaac, a young man that looks a bit rough. Hangs out with some party types.
* On the way to school with Sarah, Hunter sees a pretty girl. She's 18, a bit damaged. Slightly risqué, but still normal.
* Through the hall Hunter sees his ex-girlfriend flirting with a few boys. He can't believe he used to date her. Sarah notes her "obvious" changes.
* There is a lecture in school where the teacher gives a grandeur life speech, saying "You never know what the people around you are going through." Also
"What draws us together?" After a moments pause the teacher says "Real life! Why?! Because sometimes Life's Better!"
* Hunter is now inspired to go on-line and seek out something true to life to write about. He does this in computer training class.
- During his on-line searching he stumbles across the girl's profile (The girl he saw on the way to school). She is being bothered by a user. Hunter searches the
user.
* At home Hunter gets to talk to the girl on the internet.
- and finds the user that was bothering her is connected to a cappers ring in the community
* The police may get involved, as the girl is deciding to fight back.
* People are giving the girl a hard time in school. She is getting depressed. She may be suicidal.
* The ring wants to snuff out the girl for her retaliating through the law.
* Hunter needs to save the girl from being murdered.
* Hunter gets inspired to write a true script. Life's Better.
* Likely he gets the girl at the end.
Check out 'Philosophies of Self-Publishing: Better Business' a truly unique read for self-publishing enthusiasts.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
http://www.jeremy-benson.com

Return to “Creative Writing”